Make a donation

Author Topic: New Scirocco finally arrives...  (Read 16872 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
New Scirocco finally arrives...
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:26:59 am »
Hi guys, well finally took delivery on Friday of my brand new Candy White 2.0TDI Bluemotion. Have to say, did shed a bit of a tear and a lump in the throat when they drove my Golf away.......then this came around the corner  :laugh:

I’ve only driven about 200 miles so far so she’s still very new and tight, but already returning 50.2 mpg (51.5 according to the MFD so much more accurate than my old Golf). I have to say, she’s everything I hoped she would be. I was a little worried that after 5 years ownership of the MK5 Golf, the Rocco wouldn’t be very much different (especially as it shares many interior components), but it’s like chalk and cheese. I loved my Golf, but the Rocco feels much more, planted and well, sort of cosseting (if you know what I mean). More intimate that the Golf and the seats are superb, and yes, as many of my friends on here kept telling me, the black interior is much more sporting that my beige leather in the Golf  :ashamed:

Only had her a couple of hours and already started to modify her. Anyway, enough pre-amble, here’s the first few piccies. Better and more artistic ones will follow.

The mods

LED Sidelights

Chromed Exhaust Tips (from a Skoda Yeti)

Anti Slip –Boot Liner

Sliding Cup Holder (an absolute bas*ard to fit)

Chromed DSG Pedals

Rear Cup Holder and air vents (complete with working air ducts to front).

Covered front Storage tray (from a MK5 Golf) – Not an ashtray.

Stainless Steel Sill Trims

Black “R” model fascia surround (prefer this to the silver one it came with)

Still to do.

Door warning lights. I already have the parts and harness made up, just need to get up the courage to take the door cards off a 4 day old car (gulp) ?

Rear reversing camera. One for later in the year with the assistance of a couple of boys off the forums.

RNS-510 Voice control. Need to sort out the additional wiring to get the RNS voice control working, as currently it’s only connected to the factory Bluetooth.

That’s about it to date.

As I said, so far absolutely delighted.

Full spec.

Scirocco 2.0TDI (140) GT bluemotion in Candy White.
Options
Factory Bluetooth
RNS-510 (fitted by me)
Winter pack (heated seats, heated washer jets, headlight washers and low washer fluid warning)
Cruise Control
Folding Mirros with puddle lights.
Rear parking sensors (which integrate onto the headunit screen - very nice)

Standard spec.
Leather flat bottom multi function steering wheel
High line dash
18" Interlagos Alloys with Pirelli self sealing tyres.
Auto dimming rear view mirror, lights and wipers
Dual zone climate control with auto recirc.
Centre armrest with MDI and Aux socket
Adaptive chassis Control
Tyre pressure monitor
Privacy glass from B-Pillar backwards.
twin Exhaust pipes
Front Fog lights with cornering function.
Twin Reverse and Fog lights (yay !!)
Blution motion - Auto Start/Stop fuction and braking recuperation.

Cheers

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:48:14 am by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: New Scirocco finally arrives...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:35:58 am »
Then got the call yesterday to say the wifes new Polo had also just arrived at the dealers, so had to go and have a quick look. Here she is (still in transport mode having just arrived off the transporter an hour before).

Should pick her up next weekend when the wifes private plate details arrive from DVLA.

Spec is.

1.4 DSG SEL - 3 Door in Flash Red

Options

17" Boavista Alloys
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Winter pack (seat heating, headlight washers, heated washer jets, and screen wash fluid sensor)
Convenience pack - Auto Wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror
Climate Control

The RCD-510 that came with the Rocco will also be dropped into this as well.

So I'm now well and truely skint.

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:32 am »
very nice Scirocco you got there,

Like the fact you have already changed it with simply VW original parts to make it even better.

Just be careful with your LED ligths, Here in New Zealand a Scirocco R owner replaced all lights with LED lights.
Lets just say he ended up with a hefty bill as it burnt our the CAN-BUS melted wiring through out the car too.

so just make sure your LED lights are CAN-Bus friendly.
Otherwise keep up the good work.

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:04 am »
Andrew

The easiest way to achieve the Voice for the RNS with a factory installed kit is to cut the wires right up at the Mic end in the overhead light.

Using a bit of 4 core (preferably screened) run it to the RNS via the door pillar - Left side a drop the glove box may be easiest.

Solder the microphone end to the 2 cores running to the RNS Mic In and the two from Mic Out are soldered to the wire that then runs back to the BT module.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:46:21 am »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Love the scirocco. The reversing camera is awesome - get it fitted so you don't damage the poor thing!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:52:31 am »
very nice Scirocco you got there,

Like the fact you have already changed it with simply VW original parts to make it even better.

Just be careful with your LED ligths, Here in New Zealand a Scirocco R owner replaced all lights with LED lights.
Lets just say he ended up with a hefty bill as it burnt our the CAN-BUS melted wiring through out the car too.

so just make sure your LED lights are CAN-Bus friendly.
Otherwise keep up the good work.

Thanks for the heads up, but yes, they are CAN-Bus Friendly.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:17:46 am »
Very nice Andrew, lovely car particularly like the chrome tail trims looks exactly like it should, also love the ACC on the Roccos makes a massive difference  :congrats:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:03:18 am »
Looking good Andrew ;)

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:35:37 am »
Lovely car Andrew,
admire your courage to start taking it apart already!
When you modded the rear of the centre console did you take off a piece with a 12v socket (or maybe a blanking plug) on it? If so hang onto it or flog it mate, they're not cheap to buy considering their size! I slightly damaged mine doing a mod and went to dealer to get a new one and declined his offer, fixed my original and can't see it anyway where I sit!
Enjoy your new ride,
Regards,
John

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:39:12 am »
if your wife thinks the boavista's are too big then let me know!! been on the lookout for 2 months for a set.   :rolleye:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:03 am »
Nice new pair of Veedubs there Andrew :happy2:

What do they do to the Scirocco to mark it out separately as a Bluemotion version?

Golf R gone.

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:05:59 am »
Nice new pair of Veedubs there Andrew :happy2:

What do they do to the Scirocco to mark it out separately as a Bluemotion version?

Thanks Hurdy, apart from the badges on the boot (which I didn't get as I had ordered the car with the badge deletion option), it's got Stop / Start technology, Braking energy recouperation and a lightended and low friction crankshaft with special bearings as well as a special battery and alternator.

With regards to the Start Stop, I thought this would get tedious and a pain in the ar*e, so was prepared to switch it off (using the additional switch near the forward cubby hole / Ashtray). But to be honest it's been brilliant. It only works when the oil has reached a specific temperature, then say at traffic lights, you brake and hold the car on the brake pedal. After a couple of seconds at standstill, the engine gently shuts off and a large "Start / Stop" logo appears in the MFD. Then as soon as you even start to release pressure on the brake pedal, it's started again. It's quicker at startup that I can take my foot off the brake pedal and back onto the gas pedal.

And at 50mpg (calculated) on the first 1/3 tank over the weekend (bearing in mind it's only got 178 miles on it at the moment), seems to work !

Also have to say, totally fallen in love with DSG, and although it's "only" got 140bhp, and is still very new and tight, takes off like a banshee with a lovely (non TDI typical) growl from the exhausts.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:12:38 am by Norbreck21a »

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:31 am »
Yes that the same question..... Bluemotion has always meant frugal economy etc and not a 140bhp version..........Whats brake recuperation? do you mean regenaration perhaps?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:11:01 am by garrardrj »
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:03 am »
if your wife thinks the boavista's are too big then let me know!! been on the lookout for 2 months for a set.   :rolleye:

haha, don't think so bud, the wife absolutely loves them !

To the rest who have replied, many thanks for the kind words, and VrStu, thanks for the tip on the voice control  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ouid04mkrbumj1jie5cb6j1klo&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:28 am »
Wow... 2 new cars eh??  :notworthy:

Both look very smart, and some nice subtle mods on the rocco!  :happy2: