Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone got the TSB that states Longlife Oil to be used on all TFSI engines  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Hi All,
Has anyone got the TSB that states that all 2.0 TFSI engines should be serviced using LongLife Oil irrespective of whether it is on the longlife of fixed time'distance regime. That' sof course if I am remembering this correctly. I don't want to embarass myself by getting the wrong end of the stick/incorrect facts when I have a conversation with my main VW Dealer.

Dom

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Not sure if there is one Dom.

My understanding was that LL should be used so you can change service plan as and when.  :confused:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Thanks Ian, thought I had read a post somewhere, not necessarily on here, that had referenced it. Could be mistaken though. Anyone else? TT?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Thanks Ian, thought I had read a post somewhere, not necessarily on here, that had referenced it. Could be mistaken though. Anyone else? TT?

It was defo mentioned on here, but i never saw any TSB relating to it Dom.  :happy2:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Anyone got the TSB that states Longlife Oil to be used on all TFSI engines
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:12 pm »
There was never a TSB for this, as independent dealer networks are still free to use 502.00 spec oils (obviously only for T&D servicing).

The 'LongLife oil used for everything' was a specific instruction from Volkswagen Germany to all official VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda dealers that they must only use LongLife oils.  This was effective from December 2008, and was circulated only via elsawin and erWin - sometime around July 2008.

So basically, official VAG dealers must only use LL3 oils, but indies are free to use any VW approved oils.

Does this help?
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~