Make a donation

Author Topic: Armrest Retrofit Guide  (Read 11344 times)

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
Re: Armrest Retrofit Guide
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:43 pm »
Just finished this now, started at 5 and had a 30 minute tea break! What a ball ache! I don't know how people fit this without taking out the centre console??

Anyway all fitted in 3 hours hahaha but I do have rear working vents!

How have you found the fit between the center consol and the armrest itself? I can't seem to get rid of the 5/10mm gap between the two, I've had it all out to no avail  :sad1:

I don't appear to have a gap? Have you got the main screws in the centre and the back (3 in total) and still got under the cup holders screwed down mate.

Also check the casing is all the way down.

Fitted mine in the dark and cold rain haha!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline ChiefyGT32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 12:19:31 am »
Just finished this now, started at 5 and had a 30 minute tea break! What a ball ache! I don't know how people fit this without taking out the centre console??

Anyway all fitted in 3 hours hahaha but I do have rear working vents!

How have you found the fit between the center consol and the armrest itself? I can't seem to get rid of the 5/10mm gap between the two, I've had it all out to no avail  :sad1:

I don't appear to have a gap? Have you got the main screws in the centre and the back (3 in total) and still got under the cup holders screwed down mate.

Also check the casing is all the way down.

Fitted mine in the dark and cold rain haha!

Heyy....

For some reason I couldn't do what the guide said i think I was too tired but me and a friend had it done within 40mins this is without the vents and cd changer though as I am waiting for my new RCD and delaying them. But I also seem to have that 5/10mm gap on the left underneath the handbrake...I need to get rid of this im paranoid i gues, hahaha  :signLOL: I remember screwing it all down but I have a spare screw don't know why lol....Any pics or help??

Thanks...

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:17 am »
At the back of the "cover" for the rear part of the armrest, there are 2 locating tabs on the inside rear. If these don't locate properly in the latches in the inner console assembly, I've found it throws out the fit at the front. Basically, if they are in correctly, you shouldn't be able to pull either side of the cover outwards at the rear.

As Betty says, as for screws (for the rear section of the armrest only),

2 at the back (for the cup holder or cubby hole) in the rear end of the console.

2 in the rear console sides (accessable when the above part is removed).

1 in the area where the MDI / CD Changer goes at the front.

1 at the rear of the front section of centre console (behind the sliding or standard cup holders).

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline ChiefyGT32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »
Right im planning to take it apart tomorrow and sort it out must be that small sonehig which is not obvious lol...

Thanks

Offline ChiefyGT32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:53 pm »
Well no luck people, I did find where I had missed the screw. It was just on right edge near the cup holders in the centre consle, well looks like when I strip the centre to fit the ducts Ill have to work something out. All the rest seemed to slot into place to be honest....