Make a donation

Author Topic: Beats by Dre headphones  (Read 4185 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ainis913a63bput7vlki1umjqe&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Beats by Dre headphones
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »
...uuuum, my brother got some of the Beats headphones (couldn't tell you what model) and within two months the cable had worked loose from the earcup so I wasn't that impressed with the build quality tbh...

I think the earlier ones had reliability issues.
Grado make great over the ear headphone!  :happy2:

Thanks Rich, but they don't look anywhere near as good as the Beats

Since when did looks matter for a pair of headphones?  :grin:
:signLOL: Since they looked like this http://www.beats-dr-dre.net/images/beatsbydre/beats%20by%20dre%20beats%20solo%20hd%2026.jpg

They say... "I bought these headphone with my eyes"

These say... "I bough these with my ears"

Its what they sound like... not what they look like!

Nasir

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:51 pm »
I understand what you're saying Rich, but I'm not a music producer or anything and I do love the look of the beats. It's a combination of sound and style. What do you have?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ainis913a63bput7vlki1umjqe&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »
I have a pair sony in ear that Ive had for about 12 years. I only use them when I'm going into london with my iphone, so theres only so good my headphones need to be with mp3s.  :happy2:

Nasir

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:42 pm »
Just to follow up on these, I bought the Solo HD Red.

The sounds great and the bass is phenomenal, is it £170 worth of great? I think so because people spend that sort of money on sunglasses and you get a 3 year warranty with these headphones. So overall I'm very pleased and it feels like a quality product.

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:07 pm »
Personally I prefer the B&W P5. They sound fantastic, look amazing and feel comfortable and being B&W, build quality is second to none.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 11:10:08 pm »
^^ Agreed. Although the P5 don't look great they sound fantastic and the clarity is superb.

I tried the Beats last week and although the sound quality is good I found the mid range a bit muddy.

Nasir

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »
Each to their own but I love the bass and the noise cancellation (not powered like the studios either).

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 10:00:16 pm »
I had the opportunity to listen to some more Dr Dre headphones a few days ago. They were the "Pro" ones.

Thoughts....

Utter shiite. If you want to blow £280 on this crap, you need the space between your ears checking. Flabby bass response (probably what all the kids are after), harsh treble and muffled midrange. I listened to some of my most listened too tracks off my iPhone and I couldn't believe how bad they sounded.... SERIOUSLY dead sounding.

I compared them to a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 which are half the price... the difference is night and day.

Summary...

Avoid.... you'll gain more pleasure from burning £280 rather than having to put up with these terrible things.

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »
After lots of research I too avoided the fashion driven beats and went for these bad boys by Audio-Technica
After 'burning' them in... the best £133 I've spent on headphones. Check out these reviews...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/B000ULAP4U/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics?qid=1340054026&sr=8-10

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:13 am »

Thanks Rich, but they don't look anywhere near as good as the Beats

Ive noticed quite a few kids walking around with the beats headphones... it seems they are more of a fashion thing. Im sure half of them dont even have them plugged in - just like to be seen with them round their necks  :rolleye:
It great having the bank of mum and dad who will pay daft money for a pair of headphones..

Perhaps im just bitter from when i was younger, (early to mid nineties) my mum refused to get me a pair of nike air max, a goretex sprayway or rockport shoes - the stuff other parents got their kids!
Rich
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:43:54 am by richtung »

R32UK

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 08:34:21 am »
Defo a fashion thing! They sound good but not a touch on my sennheisers.

My parents too refused to buy me a walkman when I was younger. So instead I got a job and worked 4 months solid to buy the best walkman money could buy. The sony Sony WM-EX5  :drool: :drool: I fell in love with it the moment I spotted it

I now find its much more rewarding to save up for and research these things yourself before following everyone else and making a snap purchase.

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 08:53:44 am »
I dont want to detract from what the OP is saying in this thread but when i see kids with these headphones, it reminds me of the problems these kids will have when they get older. at a young age, they always have the latest phone, mp3 player, tablet/laptop, expensive clothes/shoes...

Alot of them will go on to not having a clue of finances once their parents stop funding their lifestyles.

Perhaps i am jealous i wasnt spoilt as a child and like many people on here, had to work from a young age to get anything that was considered a luxury!

£200+ for headphones...I do sometimes wonder if we really are in a recession....

Rich

Nasir

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 09:44:05 am »
Wow, I'd like to point out that I buy stuff myself. But yes they are more a fashion item it seems. I think I've come into agreement with Rich about the quality of these, good enough but I'm sure there are much better quality ones for less money. For now, they will do.

Offline Tim@Prestige

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Car Clubs Insurance Scheme!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 09:53:00 am »
Thanks

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:02 am »
Wow, I'd like to point out that I buy stuff myself. But yes they are more a fashion item it seems. I think I've come into agreement with Rich about the quality of these, good enough but I'm sure there are much better quality ones for less money. For now, they will do.

Nasir - hope you didnt think i was suggesting you didnt buy your own stuff - i was ranting about kids today and how easy many have it.  :rolleye:

At the end of the day, its your money, totally up to you wit how you spend it  :happy2:

rich