Make a donation

Author Topic: Beats by Dre headphones  (Read 4189 times)

Nasir

Beats by Dre headphones
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:35:22 pm »
I am considering buying the Solo HD red version (a portion of the cost will go towards the Product Red charity).

Has anybody got some? What are they like compared to the standard iPhone headset? Overall what would you rate them?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:54:22 pm by Nasir »

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Beats by Dre headphones
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »
I had a listen of a load of head phones in best buy recently and if you are refering to these http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5505 ??  They sound amazing IMO, I much preferred them to the more expensive version with the on board battery powered amp.  I'll be picking up a set myself :happy2:

Nasir

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
Yep those are the ones. Do you think they sound a little 'distant'? The bass is amazing though.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »
It's been a couple of months since I was enjoying them so cannot remember them sounding distant.  To me they ticked all the boxes, great sound, nice and loud, comfy with lovely build quality.  Thanks for the reminder, I'm off to find the best deal now :smiley:

Nasir

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »
 :signLOL: Anytime. By the way there are two different versions, the Solo and the Solo HD. I assume the HD would be better.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »
:signLOL: Anytime. By the way there are two different versions, the Solo and the Solo HD. I assume the HD would be better.

Damn, not sure whether I listened to solo or solo HD
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:52:44 pm by winrya »

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »
I was looking at a set of these aswell so good to hear what you guys think of them.

I'm off to the Gadget Show at the NEC on Saturday so hopefully someone will have a decent deal on these

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 01:53:07 pm »
I have the Solo HD's in white Nasir, using them now they are awesome! Quality of the sound is unreal and the bass is good too, definately recommend getting a set

Nasir

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:56 pm »
Yep I'm definitely going to but them, probably in black though. I just thought I'd let you guys know that hmv are doing the Solo HDs for £79.

Nasir

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »
I have the Solo HD's in white Nasir, using them now they are awesome! Quality of the sound is unreal and the bass is good too, definately recommend getting a set

Yep I'm getting some Ben.
Chek the deals out on HMV, the red ones were £170 this morning, now they're £85!!!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=-1&adultFlag=false&simpleSearchString=beats+by+dr+dre&primaryID=0

EDIT: They've run out of stock in a few hours unsurprisingly, should have been quicker :sad1:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:46:38 pm by Nasir »

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »
...uuuum, my brother got some of the Beats headphones (couldn't tell you what model) and within two months the cable had worked loose from the earcup so I wasn't that impressed with the build quality tbh...

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vgmdr6t6qn17os14nqj0fc6q4m&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 05:53:07 pm »
Grado make great over the ear headphone!  :happy2:

Nasir

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »

...uuuum, my brother got some of the Beats headphones (couldn't tell you what model) and within two months the cable had worked loose from the earcup so I wasn't that impressed with the build quality tbh...

I think the earlier ones had reliability issues.

Thanks Rich, but they don't look anywhere near as good as the Beats

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vgmdr6t6qn17os14nqj0fc6q4m&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »

Since when did looks matter for a pair of headphones?  :grin:

Nasir

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

Since when did looks matter for a pair of headphones?  :grin:
:signLOL: Since they looked like this http://www.beats-dr-dre.net/images/beatsbydre/beats%20by%20dre%20beats%20solo%20hd%2026.jpg