Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf's replacement has been ordered.  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Golf's replacement has been ordered.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »
Nice choice Dave  :happy2: Do I get anything for guessing?  :jumpmove: :signLOL:
Has it got much spec do you know? I take it it's a N54 then? The auto box on the 135i is actually bloody quick from what I have read and seen. Alright it's no dual clutch, but I don't think it's that much slower tbh..
Check this one out for instance..  :surprised:

I'll pop in with mine and have a ganders next time i'm up in the North East Dave if that's ok?

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 07:55:04 pm »
Ace. I got the clutter a week early, think they make it seem worse so you upscore them on the post sale evaluation for their bonus.

Get it run in with a trip to Anglesey on the 2nd, you can witness all manner of stupidity. I think Wilko is going for the roof this time, after his reversing skills at Oulton. I'll be collecting more gravel!

:signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Knowing Wilko, that doesn't surprise me at all.. Is that in the Golf or the Consortium bought, track slag, Bora?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:05:06 pm »
Hi Ron, feel free to drop in. Your prize is a dyno run  :drinking:

It has everything I wanted such as graphite paint colour, xenons, pro satnav, front/rear parking sensors (for the missus of course   :ashamed:), alu trim, bluetooth, climate, higher spec stereo etc.... It has the black leather, tried to find dark red but gave up. 

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 11:52:39 pm »
Sniff around some forums, You may get someone willing to swap interiors?

Ben, the Bora. We've had his golf on track though - it was mental, like trying to keep a dog in a bath tub!
Sideways yo!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 12:03:59 am »
Hmmm, not a bad idea tony, sure theres someone out there with a 1 series coupe that doesnt like red leather.

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »
Nice, nice car .... I looked at a a white DCT 135i but stayed sensible and went for a black LCI 330d coupe auto ...

I wanted the power ... but needed some economy .... and couldn't find a 335d at the right price. 

Annoyingly the 135i I was looking at got reduced by 3K days after I bought my 330d ... though white was a bit 'in yer face'

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 03:19:49 pm »
Nice one Dave :happy2:
So your plan to keep you golf lasted a whole 2 months then! I remember you syaing, you bought the exhaust as you were keeping it a while longer :stupid:
I wonder what bits you have that I havent got then :jumping: :jumping: looks like the refresh button on the for sale section is going to take to abuse :wink:
I'll have to take a gander on my way home from work to see what its like then Dave.
Does your model  come with indicators by any chance :laugh:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »

Ben, the Bora. We've had his golf on track though - it was mental, like trying to keep a dog in a bath tub!

:grin: :grin:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:11 am »
Hi Ron, feel free to drop in. Your prize is a dyno run  :drinking:
It has everything I wanted such as graphite paint colour, xenons, pro satnav, front/rear parking sensors (for the missus of course   :ashamed:), alu trim, bluetooth, climate, higher spec stereo etc.... It has the black leather, tried to find dark red but gave up. 

:surprised: Nice one Dave..  :happy2:

Very much looking forward to seeing the development of your car, especially with it having the different engine to mine and all. Might have to blag a passenger run at some point..  :wink: :smiley: