Make a donation

Author Topic: Why is everyone selling their car?!  (Read 19321 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Why is everyone selling their car?!
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2011, 07:07:08 am »
No matter how much money your saving you'll still look like Mr Incredible getting out of it!  :laugh:

It's no smaller then the golf inside Nathan.... :surprised:

And Rich, although very attractive that suit, I doubt I could afford the bigger size :signLOL:

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:26 pm »
A mere £220 a month on fuel? Definitely not worth being seen in one of those for!

Saint Steve

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
A mere £220 a month on fuel? Definitely not worth being seen in one of those for!

Your right Simon, it's the one reason why I wouldn't want to own an R32 with spiralling fuel prices.It's gone up another 3p this week.So much for the governments 1p reduction for all of two weeks, and again it's back on the escalator upwards.

The i10 is the wife's, I keep the keys to mine and use it when I feel like it .

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:31 pm »
I got loadsa spare cash, my mattress is nearly hitting the ceiling! :grin:

Seriously, I have no idea what I spend on petrol, maybe £100 a week on average? Sometimes, though, I can go a fortnight without visiting a fuel station and sometimes 3 visits in a week. It only feels expensive during the 3 visit weeks!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

Seriously, I have no idea what I spend on petrol, maybe £100 a week on average? Sometimes, though, I can go a fortnight without visiting a fuel station and sometimes 3 visits in a week. It only feels expensive during the 3 visit weeks!

....I'm the same as you and I never even bother to look at the fuel receipt price but only how many litres I took onboard. It might be expensive but I wouldn't swop the joy of my car for anything else just for the economy. However, I don't have any mortgages any longer and my daughter's education etc costs are firewalled/ringfenced (to stop me buying a Lambo!).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:19 pm »
Well I'm not selling anymore :pomppomp:

I had a bit of a drive up the A68, over Carter Bar to Jedburgh today and it totally reminded me just how great it is.

Add to that the fact I was looking at a max trade-in of £8200 for it and it's a no brainer!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:28 pm »

Well I'm not selling anymore :pomppomp:

I had a bit of a drive up the A68, over Carter Bar to Jedburgh today and it totally reminded me just how great it is.

Add to that the fact I was looking at a max trade-in of £8200 for it and it's a no brainer!

....I haven't read your thread properly, just quickly scanned it, but does that mean you're not buying that Beemer estate, Andrew?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »

Your right Simon, it's the one reason why I wouldn't want to own an R32 with spiralling fuel prices.It's gone up another 3p this week.So much for the governments 1p reduction for all of two weeks, and again it's back on the escalator upwards.

The i10 is the wife's, I keep the keys to mine and use it when I feel like it .

£20 a week my fuel bill! £240 a year tax.  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2011, 10:37:42 pm »
I had originally planned to buy a (used) 335d Touring, and sell my Golf. That car was sold however. In approximately 12 months we're going to need a second car, so keeping the GTI and buying a cheaper BMW seemed like a sensible idea, plus we'll be able to get rid of the bulk of the cost before our second born comes along, fingers crossed. Strictly speaking it will be my wife's car though.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2011, 11:55:10 pm »
I had originally planned to buy a (used) 335d Touring, and sell my Golf. That car was sold however. In approximately 12 months we're going to need a second car, so keeping the GTI and buying a cheaper BMW seemed like a sensible idea, plus we'll be able to get rid of the bulk of the cost before our second born comes along, fingers crossed. Strictly speaking it will be my wife's car though.

Good news!  :congrats: