Make a donation

Author Topic: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - fitted  (Read 8207 times)

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - fitted
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »
I've swapped my barely legal Falken 452s for these yesterday, and am well impressed. Very comfortable drive, the Falkens felt harder, even from new. Much more grip, i havent felt impending understeer where the Falkens would have.

In both dry and wet conditions, these handle great. Today was wet and there were no dramas.

£118 each for 225/40/18 fitted. The wear rate is meant to be impressive aswell. I got 14k from the Falkens so anything near that i'm happy with.

If someone buys these and thinks they are sided i.e. lefts and rights, they're not, it's just the tread pattern makes you think it.

Saint Steve

Re: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - fitted
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
Great tyre  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:17 pm »
I got 2 of these fitted last week. They are much better than the kumho's I had on there. Much better grip in the dry, not had a chance to test in the wet as it hasn’t rained for over a week (touches wood).

Very pleased so far :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:13 am »
You lucky buggers,

we don't get those tyres here, I have tried importing them in, but still no luck.
So will just live the experience of these tyres through all you guys here on MK5.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »
I had 452's on the front of my vRS, changed with less than 6k on them..... :surprised: Had the tracking/aligment checked when the new rubber was fitted but everything was spot on!  Never again.   :sad1:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bn9h80oob4tujq1n5retquqvei&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 06:42:56 pm »
452s are shocking in every way!

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 06:52:49 pm »
You lucky buggers,

we don't get those tyres here, I have tried importing them in, but still no luck.
So will just live the experience of these tyres through all you guys here on MK5.

Put my address down and I will post them out to you. I'll need weights and dimensions to give you a postage price. Shame I never weighed one before fitting.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »
I have always loved the conti sport contact 3. How do these veredesteins compare in terms of road noise and comfort?

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 01:43:30 am »
I have always loved the conti sport contact 3. How do these veredesteins compare in terms of road noise and comfort?

I was driving a loan GTI over the weekend with those tyres, They handle well. But car feels like it's driving on wooden tyres and they are so freakin noisy.
Those tyres where on my car when I bought them, one of the condition's of my sale was they had to replace them with other tyres.
Sorry not wanting to knock your tyre choice.

I have used Michelin HX and MX, they are ok but no real feedback. Last set was Bridgestone RE001's. Noisy on chip seal road, but handle really well and wear really well too.
but had to replace the front one's last year. No Bridgestone's where available for 6-8 weeks (had your equivalent MOT for us, so needed tyres ASAP). I ended up with Pirelli Pzero Rosso's. Not that is a very nice tyre all round. But don't last too long. only managed 13000km's thus far, can't see them lasting to much longer.

Nicky boy - I might just take you up on that offer. Honestly I would not have clue what the size and weight would be for the tyres. But honestly it would not suprise me if shipping to NZ costs for than the tyres? lol

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:39 am »
NZ! Lol think you would be cheaper driving here for them!

MPS

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread. My rear left tyre is really close to the legal limit and needs replacing. However the rear right is a conti sport contact 3 with loads of meat left on it. (6mm) I would like to replace the worn one with an Ultrac sessanta but will this cause issues with the handling / abs with it being asymmetric and the other 3 tyres being symmetric> If so I'll have to buy a new conti for the rear so it matches the other side.

Saint Steve

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
I'd replace 2 tbh, and not interchange on the same axel personally

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »
I would change 2 at a time aswell  :happy2:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »
I liked my Vredesteins. Have had them on for about 3000 miles, and only lost a couple mm at most on the tread.
Am selling them soon though as can't get the car as low as I want it on them. :happy2:

MPS

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »
Thanks for all the replies, so you wouldn't leave the part worn conti on? Is that because there would still be a 2mm difference in wear?