Make a donation

Author Topic: Wing mirror glass £284!!  (Read 1657 times)

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Wing mirror glass £284!!
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:29:11 pm »
Some twonk knocked my offside mirror yesterday and the glass came out and was run over!!  :stupid:

It is a heated auto tinting mirror and costs £284 from VW  :surprised:

I know I can get the non tinting one for around £50 or even less on EBay, but I just wondered if anyone has found a source for the real one for a reasonable price. It is made for VW by Gentex, but I can't find a sales site for them. They are probably not allowed to sell them anyway, but I reckon there must be a source somewhere.

TonyZ

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Wing mirror glass £284!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:31 pm »
They are definitely not cheap are they, the only option i have seen is getting a bit of discount by buying from TPS or talking nicely to your VW parts guy, orlooking for a second hand mirror and hoping the seller doesn't know what they have  :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »
I retro fitted my folding wing mirrors but only came by them by luck,  the guy on ebay didn't know what they where so I offered him £70 for both wing mirrors which had the auto tint glass in them :grin: :happy2:

Unfortunately some stupid bint drove past my car and knocked the wing mirror forwards breaking the glass but fortunately not the wing mirror. I managed to find some more auto tinting mirrors on ebay after looking for ages and got them for £60 each, sold 1 to Golfman and I had the other.

Keep your eye out on the bay has they do come up from time to time.

Sorry to here about the damage though mate its awful when you come back and it either laying at the side of the car or hanging on for dear life :surprised:

Darren

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »
Welcome to the wonderful world of VW ownership!  :grin:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »
Its not just VW's Stealth.............

I came back to find my vans door mirror hanging off after popping into the garage to get 'lunch' the other month and came out to find my drivers side hanging off!

Dent in door too from it falling and hitting. £249 from Citroen and £65 to colour code  :grin: . Tried to get one from ECP but as the vans too new they don't stock them yet so main dealer was the only option.

Not good on the M-way with no drivers mirror  :scared:

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Jack Rabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Born on Beat
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »
Crikey that's steep  :surprised: