Make a donation

Author Topic: Brembo Brakes  (Read 4467 times)

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Brembo Brakes
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:35:52 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-312mm-MK5-GOLF-TT-S3-BREMBO-CALIPERS-/270724579553?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f087140e1

So the above calipers discs and pads are on ebay. Anyone on here with any experience of them and would they be ok with standard rears on an Ed30 ?

I believe they will fit unders Pescaras , am i right?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Brembo Brakes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:35 am »
Hi  I think you need to contact daveb1970  ,sure he will know .It  could be worth contacting Brembo direct but the add does indicate its a direct replacement .

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:10 am »
And post up what you find out. Those Brembos look :drool:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:16 am »
They will definitely fit in the Pescara for the diameter. Not 100% sure if they fit in the offset of the Pescara though. If they are designed for the MKV they should fit without any spacers, especially on an 18" wheel!
Golf R gone.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:58 am »
Absolutely no chance behind a pescara without a 15mm spacer, the caliper family is from alfa gtv and the 406 coupe and it's very wide, I got offered a load of these recently and they were very cheap with good quality pads included. The piston sizes are a little big for that size of disc which will make them a little grabby but go for it.

Same pad as a mk1 Leon cupra r

I don't like Ali caliper carriers at the best of times and the caliper is axial so that the carrier in effect repositions the fixing holes, I did something similar to get some diablo calipers on a mk4 tdi (don't ask.....) so If the carrier is a mild steel and nothing too brittle and your running a roomy rim such a TD 1.2 or some super leggys then happy days

Cheap consumables as well, think of it as a cheaper restricted slightly sub optimal and heavier NQSBBK.

The other problem is that the the caliper pad combo is configured for a 28mm wide disc and the 312 disc is serviceable down to 23.4mm so don't let the pads get too low lest thy pistons eject from thy caliper and smite thee.......

If you are regularly checking you car over and have some roomy rims then it's a cheap branded BBK  :happy2:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 10:45:44 am »
I wont be changing the Pescaras so it will be a no on these from me. Dave....thanks for your input

Where would we all be without forum contributors ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:58 am »
The test fit that Mark did on the AP lookylikey calipers fitted the pescaras, Im closing that groupybuyey thing at the end of the week and asking the mods to delete the thread, I dont think you'll get a 4 pot kit behind the pescara other than that or the AP kit itself.

Edit you could buy Top Cats B5RS4 setup for a little more than the ebay price and keep it optimal and OEM

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:42:27 pm »
I think they're the same as the ones I got...

Brembo by CmdrFire, on Flickr

They work a treat, not played on a track with them yet but on a road (particularly the high speeds possible in Europe) they are supoib.

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-312mm-MK5-GOLF-TT-S3-BREMBO-CALIPERS-/270724579553?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f087140e1

So the above calipers discs and pads are on ebay. Anyone on here with any experience of them and would they be ok with standard rears on an Ed30 ?

I believe they will fit unders Pescaras , am i right?

Before buying DaveB's nqsbbk (Porsche Brembo) I was interested in these brakes (they were black at the time).
At the time the picture was blured and the seller did not answer my emails asking about the hoses, the pads, extra pictures, etc.
So, I do not trust the seller (even though it has high ratings).

Offline s2martyn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »
so do these brakes fit under standard monza2,s??or do you ned spacer?cheers martyn
what are the discs from ??r32?

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:42:18 pm »
Doubt they will fit...
The discs are 312x25 stock GTI ones. And I saw one more thing: in the picture the discs come from a MK4 platform (my guess) because the bell (I hope this is how you call the center piece) is much smaller (shorter) than the GTI one (again a reason not to trust the seller).