Make a donation

Author Topic: Apple Updates iOS, Safari, Xcode  (Read 814 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Apple Updates iOS, Safari, Xcode
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »
Apple has released a massive update for Mac and iOS users this Thursday. These include the Safari 5.0.5, iOS 4.2.7 for the Verizon iPhone, iOS 4.3.2, Xcode 4.0.2 for developers as well as security update for Leopard server/client and Snow Leopard.

The iOS 4.3.2 software update is available for the iPhone 4 (GSM model) iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (3rd generation). The update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:

- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused blank or frozen video during a FaceTime call
- Fixes an issue that prevented some international users from connecting to 3G networks on iPad Wi-Fi + 3G
- Contains the latest security updates

The iOS 4.2.7 update for the Verizon iPhone 4 (CDMA) contains bug fixes and security updates.

The new Safari 5.0.5 is recommended by Apple for all Safari users (Mac OS X v10.5.8, Mac OS X v10.6.5 or later, Windows 7, Vista, XP) and includes the latest security updates. According to Apple's description, the update patches two holes in WebKit that allowed unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution.

Xcode 4.0.2 is also available to developers via Software Update.

Apple also released Security Update 2011-002 for Snow Leopard, Leopard, and Leopard Server, which address the fraudulent SSL certificates issued by Comodo affiliate registration authority. Several fraudulent SSL certificates were issued by a Comodo affiliate registration authority. This could allow a man-in-the-middle attacker to redirect connections and intercept user credentials or other sensitive information. Apple addresses this issue by blacklisting the fraudulent certificates.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=29998
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Apple Updates iOS, Safari, Xcode
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:46 pm »
The F.A.G is going to be upset that you beat him to the new release. He has no other option now, but hari-kari.  :innocent:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:52:03 pm »
Actually he didn't. I sent that by email to someone this morning at 08:49.

Due to being on holiday I never had chance to post on here so ner ner ner ner  :booty: :P :laugh:

Nobody beats the F.A.G :evilgrin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »
Also he forgot to include

OS X Security update 2011-002  :P :booty:

Details on it here