Make a donation

Author Topic: Quick question from a Previous Ed30 driver, must remove my avatar also!  (Read 985 times)

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
Having moved away from ED30 to a family Audi A4 2.0TDI SE and hated every minute of it, subject to the Mrs having a drive should be chopping it in for an Audi A5 2.0T FSI Sline sportback.

My question relates to the 2.0T engine which I think is basically a GTI engine but has been put back to 180bhp, they do a 211bhp and charge an extra £2k for it!!!

Which brings me straight onto superchips site which shows a +60 bhp upgrade for this engine which would bring it in to line with a chipped GTI power. The stealer confirmed the 180bhp one has purely a different map, is this true?

Anyway according to Superchips the newer cars they are now unable to use the bluefin module, has this effected the GTI and does anyone know an alternative or what is going on?

Audi Forum rubbish by the way! Get a reply every 6 months if you are lucky!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:00:35 am by cossy »

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
I think it depends if the ecu is encrypted as to whether you can use the Bluefin handset or not.

I'm sure if you had a trip to Buckingham they would be able to confirm for definite. :smiley:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
I dont think the 2k difference between the 180 and 211 is just a map, my dad has the 211 A5 sportback and that engine is different from the MK6 GTI the Audi unit in the A5 has variable valve lift and the torque figures are massively up.  Not really on the topic of if the 180 can be chipped up to GTi levels but I think there are some mechanical differences between the 180 and the 211.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
I think it depends if the ecu is encrypted as to whether you can use the Bluefin handset or not.

I'm sure if you had a trip to Buckingham they would be able to confirm for definite. :smiley:

agreed its the encryted ecus that are the issue which need to be removed and bench flashed, also worth asking SC whether they resolved the flash counter issues if its based on the newer 2.0tsi lump