Make a donation

Author Topic: Slight engine problem  (Read 1507 times)

Offline wortho8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Slight engine problem
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:06:40 pm »
Ok so today I come out of the gym 2 start my car up and my friend who's parked next to me notices a strange noise coming from the engine bay so I open it up n wd can hear a ticking noise on idle but goes away when reving the engine.

Now he said this may be do to the pulleys???  but about 5 months ago I had my cambelt changed as I had the big 60k service. Now could this ticking noise be due to the new cambelt, as I'm petty useless when it come to technical bits n bobs.

Also was wondering if vw have some sort of service warranty so I could take it back and hopefully not pay anything to get I fixed.

Thanks for your help :)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Slight engine problem
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
Injectors on the gti can give a ticking sound that's normal.
Does the car run ok?

Without traction power is nothing!

Offline wortho8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:07 pm »
Yea the cars runs fine, not had a problem at all on how she runs. It's just got me really Worried that it could be a big problem or lead to something worse and cost quite abit to repair :(

kierongti

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »
i think i may be worrying about a similar problem.... this noise i have is a lower sounding tone than that of the injectors ticking. its more lower down in the engine that i think its coming from.. the cambelt has been changed when i bought the car from a NON vw dealer.. would they change the pullys with the belt?

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:22:18 pm »
Having mywaterpump, cambelt and pulleys changed currently at Vw, and they're telling me all three thongs are separate items...

Sure its not just your dual mass flywheel grumbling as they do...?
Diesel Daily Hack.

kierongti

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »
not really sure... would need another gti to compare to.... yesterday when sitting in the car with engine running in nuetral, i kept engaging and dis-engaging the clutch...when letting the clutch up in nuetral i was hearing a "clunk" type noise....