Make a donation

Author Topic: Collecting ed30 tomorrow, HPI check says stolen recovered!, help, advice please  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Got a link for the ad?

I say the same as Greeners and only buy if mint and a good price.
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
I would steer clear because he never mentioned it to which says he doesn't want you to know
ask yourself why? is there damage that was repaired.
If it was me I would want £2-3000 of the asking price and thats before I'd even looked at the car.

You got a point there. Something that I found odd was that the hpi check said no previous owners but he is saying he is the second registered owner of the car. Are these hpi checks accurate? Also its showing just 1 service at 11k miles. He says it has a FSH

nothing wrong with that at all.  theres 2 servicing routines.  Most are on variable which can be anything upto 18k in some instances.  or fixed which is every 12k, so either way the most it should have is one service if its on 11k

Offline kiddfrost

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
He was asking 15k which was over the top anyway but we settled on 13900.  spec is:

Black, DSG, Xenons, Privacy Glass, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Highline, MFSW and RNS Satnav.
Its done 55k miles.

Is it fair to post the link? I'm just thinking he may not have known as he says he's had it from 20k miles.. or am I just being too nice

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Don't think it unfair to post the link, the responces you get may well be of more use to you. There are some traders on here I believe who may be able to tell you if that is cheap or not. You can also use the fact it is SR as a further bargaining tool. Also if you fo duck out take a look at this I can't believe it still available  :happy2:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=184655.0
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline kiddfrost

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
I did see that one, very nice but I'm after a 5 door

This is pretty much the spec I'd be happy with

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2652314.htm

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
I'd leave it personally mate. It will be a nightmare trying to sell it in the future and you May not get the full story as to its full history. Wait for a clean honest example mate... less hassle in the long run.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
If you would consider a 3 door then get in touch, im trading mine in on Monday but would consider a cash sale. Top spec, dsg black 3 door ed30. Has every opional extra, only want around 13k.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
If you would consider a 3 door then get in touch, im trading mine in on Monday but would consider a cash sale. Top spec, dsg black 3 door ed30. Has every opional extra, only want around 13k.

What mileage

Offline Redev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
I'd walk away, cash is king. If you've already got bad vibes about it leave it alone.

Can't see how the seller spent what would have been £15k + (?) on a car but didnt spend £30 on a hpi check - I bought mine from a dealer and still hpi checked it (albeit I have a friend in insurance that did it for free).
If it was advertised as stolen recovered it wouldn't be so bad..

Black GTI, DSG, Cruise control, MFD2,  Leather, MFSW with paddles, Parrot kit, Xenons, CD Changer, Armrest, Come home lighting/puddle lights, mod list in glovebox waiting for some cash and sunny weather....

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
I did see that one, very nice but I'm after a 5 door

This is pretty much the spec I'd be happy with

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2652314.htm

I wouldn't give more than 10k for that tbh given it's SR tag.. They'll be plenty more come up mate and it is gutting, but I would hold out if I were you.

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Mate - if in doubt just walk away, there are plenty of Eddies around. I bought mine from a vw dealer for 13k. Fully loaded with 2yrs free servicing. Unless someone is upfront about something like this I just wouldnt bother. Good luck with your search, there looks to be plenty of good ones that comeup for sale on here   :happy2:
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
I'm gobsmacked that Truckie's is still up for sale tbh  :surprised: Especially when this one is only 1k cheaper..  :confused:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Walk and take PDT's :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Geoffcarragh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
the day you buy is the day you sell.

the SR tag will make it much harder to sell on. if you can get another 10-15% off I'd go for it. If not just wait, there are plenty of nice clean cars around.
'05 Silver, 5 door, 18'' Monza II, Leather, Lux Pack, Gear Stick, CD changer in armrest, colour coded rear bumper, upgraded DV,

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
I wouldn't personally take it.  Apart from potential ongoing problems, resale may be awkward for the very reasons you see emerging here.

I know someone, who may decide to add his thoughts later, who had his car stolen and written off.  It was subsequently recovered and the damage repair estimate included replacement of the engine because of the state of it however very shortly afterwards it turned up on eBay as repaired (Almost certainly with the original engine) and the buyer would be none the wiser.

HPI checks are also being found to be unreliable at the moment, lots of issues with their information.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available