Make a donation

Author Topic: PD tuning stage 1 map  (Read 16722 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
PD tuning stage 1 map
« on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:55 am »
 Hi guys,
Just thought ill do a review on my map I recently had at PD tuning (yesterday to be precise)
Now I live in Malvern in worcestershire and for raves work I was traveling 5 hours to get this done and this is mainly due to the pepole on this forum saying how good his work is and for me who is 4 weeks new to this engine a 5 hour drive to someone who knows the TFSI engine is big plus for me!

WHY?
The main reason I had it done was to release the true power of the Ko4 in the edition 30 engine, I have read various threads of results of dyno runs after the map and the figures i saw made me want one, I went for daves own map after speaking to dave about revo and his own map of wich for the current offer of £299 for the stage 1 map and dyno runs and with daves adjustments I can see 300bhp revo just doesnt justify £500 for a stage 1 map in my eyes although I'm not singling revo out here.

SOURCING.
Sourcing is easy! Dave has 3 worshops,newcastle,hounslow,Scotland
We all know PD tuning on the forum from his friendly advice he gives out to us all so sourcing can be done from the website http://www.pdtuning.co.uk/ or just give dave a PM and he will give you advice and arrange bookings  :happy2:

FITTING
Well fitting is easy, save sets it up on the dyno and does a run showing standard power

This is my standard power with a forge twintake fitted on the same day
Once your dyno run is complete he then uploads the file and does a few more dyno runs whilst making adjustments to achieve full engine potential up untill you get the graph that dave is happy with and looks safe 
Here is my final figure

OTHER VERSIONS
There are lots of other places like revo,shark,bluefin, etc etc
But for me I would rather have someone who knows the car and as we all know save does currently own a very nice EDITON 30 so his knowledge is more personal and he has a very good knowledge of general VAG tuning.

PLUS POINTS
Mpg has gone up I know see 29mpg whilst driving hard and 34-35 when driving normal (my partner can get 40mpg somehow  :surprised:) my power is smooth across the whole rev range wich is important as you don't want all the power coming in at 5k and spinning the wheels up, I have no problems with traction running 301bhp but it hasn't rained yet 
:popcornsoda:

MINUS POINTS
none at all really  :happy2:

SUMMARY
very impressed! £299 (offer) has given me 300bhp
MPG has gone up
Drives alot more smoother
Horrific power increase
No problems with traction at the moment
Overall I'm very happy  :jumpmove: nothing to fault at all! Car sounds better when on full power (turbo) I've got a great increase in power and I happy that dave has done a great job! If anyone is in doubt just drop dave a call or send him a message, he's a top chap who really knows his stuff and will go out of his was to help, thanks for all your help dave was great meeting you  :happy2:

Hope you enjoy reading! Never done a review before.  :sad1:
Jack

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
Re: PD tuning stage 1 map
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:00 am »
Great review and insight into pdt's service.  :wink:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:13:23 pm »
nice figures mate...but not quite the same as Revo S1 (altho it does cost more!)  :wink:

but i still don't get why PDT keep on using funny/strange scaling on their graphs  :stupid: it's really confusing.

Most places i've been to use simple straight forward blocks of 50 for both BHP and Lb/Ft and 500 for RPM.

Here's an example.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ht6j5rc040qsk0i40vfahdgn8f&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28:25 pm »
Lee, what do you mean not quite the same as revo? Do you mean not as good?

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 12:30:57 pm »
what going on with your torque curve??  :confused:

420lb ft of torque??

That's about 100lb ft too much?

Arh, I spot his graph scales are reverse then other dyne dynamics print outs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:36:47 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline bart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 12:33:44 pm »
daves a good fella he nos wot hes at
Tornado red ed 30,dsg,rcd 510,milltek de cat tbe,walk kit,kw v3,revo stage 2+,dsg stage 2+,hpfp,itg cai

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »
Lee, what do you mean not quite the same as revo? Do you mean not as good?

well look at the graphs Rich!

Red one on my graph is a Revo S1 Roc R.

Ok both make same power up top but torque curve is where it counts. Some would say PDT's map would be easier on a manual gearbox/clutch i suppose as it doesn't do the torque that Revo does.

PDT max torque of ~ 290 lb/ft is reached at almost 4k rpm per that graph but drops to ~270 lb/ft immediately.
Revo hits 300 lb/ft at around 3.6k rpm holds it till almost 5k rpm.  :smiley:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 12:38:12 pm »
what going on with your torque curve??  :confused:

420lb ft of torque??

That's about 100lb ft too much?

hence my post steve re confusing graphs...as you're reading it wrong. lower plot is for torque (using left hand scale) and upper plot is for BHP (using right hand scale)

see how it confuses people! Why can't it be like SRR both scales the same so easy to see the power/torque curves and figures at different rev points

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:23 pm »
Would be alot better if he set it up like all the other DD rollers do  :chicken: but the PDT graphs have been picked up many times before so ignoring that.  

power seems good, torque seems low.  Now that can be good or bad depending on how you want your map really, thats a personal opinion.  

The issue i forsee with the PDT maps is if you want to go stage 2+.  As in heavyDs thread, he ended up changing from PDT stage 2, to shark performance stage 3 because PDT gave up developing th stage 2+(stage 3) because i quote "I gave up developing our stg2+ as no matter how much time I put into it it wasnt as good as Revo."

Hi guys,
Just thought ill do a review on my map I recently had at PD tuning (yesterday to be precise)
Now I live in Malvern in worcestershire and for raves work I was traveling 5 hours to get this done and this is mainly due to the pepole on this forum saying how good his work is and for me who is 4 weeks new to this engine a 5 hour drive to someone who knows the TFSI engine is big plus for me!

WHY?
The main reason I had it done was to release the true power of the Ko4 in the edition 30 engine, I have read various threads of results of dyno runs after the map and the figures i saw made me want one, I went for daves own map after speaking to dave about revo and his own map of wich for the current offer of £299 for the stage 1 map and dyno runs and with daves adjustments I can see 300bhp revo just doesnt justify £500 for a stage 1 map in my eyes although I'm not singling revo out here.

That doesnt really add up though, you wanted someone who knows the TFSI, whilst Dave may well have mapped 50+ TFSIs including his own (which was infact REVO for most of the time he had it iirc), did you not consider that REVO, the biggest VAG tuner in the UK will have mapped a considerable amount more than that, so if anything is the most proven map.  Just to clarify though, im not a REVO fanboy by the way, i use shark performance for my tuning, but it is tru, REVO have more experience with maps on the TFSI in the UK than anyone else IMO.

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »
I've got 3 different pictures for this torque and bhp, both have diffrent lines on them, I dont understand how to read them, dave kept changing something to make the lines change but this was just a photo I took, the torque will drop slightly (no hpfp) but it's all spot on, I'll pm dave and see if he has a picture of the proper graph

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 01:16:30 pm »
post them all up, we'll tell you the difference and how to read them  :happy2:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »
I've got 3 different pictures for this torque and bhp, both have diffrent lines on them, I dont understand how to read them, dave kept changing something to make the lines change but this was just a photo I took, the torque will drop slightly (no hpfp) but it's all spot on, I'll pm dave and see if he has a picture of the proper graph

i noticed that on the 2 pics you posted..the scaling changed between stock run and remapped run. Why do this???  Very strange........

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »

I just went photo crazy and took all the pictures I could  :rolleye:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 01:23:41 pm »
What is Sedox performance?, just noticed it on the top of the dyno graph.  http://www.sedox-performance.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=14&lang=en  Site showsPDT is the sole UK distributer of their software? So is this a PDT map or a Sedox performance map?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 01:24:22 pm »

I just went photo crazy and took all the pictures I could  :rolleye:

irrelavent of final figures that graph shows the actual gains are good, which is what matters