Make a donation

Author Topic: Washed Polished and Waxed , and.....  (Read 3290 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: Washed Polished and Waxed , and.....
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »
Found rust on my 06 this weekend and I'm off to the local dealers tomorrow... It has done 53,000 but is full VW serviced the last one was in March this year - I thought they are supposed to do a check of the paint/body when servced?

It seems to be around the 5 year mark and onwards that the rust starts to form. Anyone with younger cars - I'd advise you all to keep an eye on your front wheelarches!.

Where abouts?
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:16 pm »
Found rust on my 06 this weekend and I'm off to the local dealers tomorrow... It has done 53,000 but is full VW serviced the last one was in March this year - I thought they are supposed to do a check of the paint/body when servced?

It seems to be around the 5 year mark and onwards that the rust starts to form. Anyone with younger cars - I'd advise you all to keep an eye on your front wheelarches!.

Where abouts?

At the 'highest' point of the arch of the wheelarch , along the very bottom of the wheelarch lip , thats where mine has went , and if its in its early stages you will have to be really close to see it , and also at an angle , depending on what colour your car is! I can feel the bubbling if I run my fingertip along the area affected.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Saint Steve

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 07:35:41 pm »
How easy is it to drop out the wheel arch plastic lining to clean out to try preventing this for occuring?

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
How easy is it to drop out the wheel arch plastic lining to clean out to try preventing this for occuring?

Sorry I have no idea , I leave that kind of thing to people a lot more qualified than me! Im sure someone on here has done it though.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)