Make a donation

Author Topic: How slow am I ...............................  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
How slow am I ...............................
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:31 pm »

So anyway I have an Edition 30, and as you do you add a few things to make it a bit more comfortable for using for work. So in went an RNS510 (Version C) and then a little later a VW Bluetooth module for hand free calling, and I have been running the two together now for about 6 months. The RNS510 has V7 maps with full postcode and I love it for that, and the fact I can watch DVD's, the handfree bluetooth I loved as it makes my job a lot easier and safer taking calls for work on the move.
Well the story goes, I prefer radio music from back home (New Zealand) and so I often listen to it through my Iphone speakers or I can record it and play back it back at a later date. Now around the house I plug the Iphone in the stereo, for working in the garage I plug the Iphone into some external speakers, and for in the car I would turn the RNS sound right down, and play the Radio through my Iphone speakers.

I bet most know whats coming now...................................

How stupid did I feel when the App I'm using to record and play the New Zealand station back gave me an option Iphone speakers or VW Bluetooth Audio so of course I select VW BT Audio and bang, the radio station was now playing on my car stereo from my Iphone

You haven't seen a grown man so excited in all his life, smiling like the cat got the cream from ear to ear.

Isn't life just grand...........

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: How slow am I ...............................
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »
very cool, didn't know that either.
Think I may have to get a bluetooth device now as I love listening to Radio 6 when driving, but can only get it on digital radio or on my iphone radio app.
How much is the kit?

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:22 pm »
very cool, didn't know that either.
Think I may have to get a bluetooth device now as I love listening to Radio 6 when driving, but can only get it on digital radio or on my iphone radio app.
How much is the kit?

G'day Al,

It's a VW Bluetooth module and works with Iphone, I got it from Stu, and got Darren to fit it.

Offline pirelli@40!

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
Kiwi (or anyone) - what do you mean when you say "The RNS510 has V7 maps with full postcode and I love it for that..." ? Are the V7 maps a later version of the navigation DVD which supports full post code e.g. RG24 XXX or is this a feature of you RNS510 version? Only ask as I can only navigate viathe first 5 digits of the postcode which can be really boring if you're looking for somewhere on an industrial estate.....  :confused:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 04:44:32 pm »
Kiwi (or anyone) - what do you mean when you say "The RNS510 has V7 maps with full postcode and I love it for that..." ? Are the V7 maps a later version of the navigation DVD which supports full post code e.g. RG24 XXX or is this a feature of you RNS510 version? Only ask as I can only navigate viathe first 5 digits of the postcode which can be really boring if you're looking for somewhere on an industrial estate.....  :confused:

New v7 maps the latest release and a newer firmware version on the RNS510 now allows for full postcode opperation, if you do a search there was a big thread on it a few months back  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »
I've got a A rev 510 made up to a B with FW update and a 729B BT unit. I can't get the BT to stream to the RNS though I do get the BT symbol on the screen (just its greyed out and has no function). Wonder if there is a minimum for the phone (i've got a Noika 6700) , BT unit or RNS to enable it to work?
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »
729B doesn't support A2DP Bluetooth Audio.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:03:18 pm »
729B doesn't support A2DP Bluetooth Audio.

I remember you saying now.  :ashamed:

Whats the earliest version that does - 729C?
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)