Make a donation

Author Topic: Bought myself something nice from ud today  (Read 6546 times)

Offline jt1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Bought myself something nice from ud today
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 03:26:53 pm »

@TC Gonna have a chat with andy at psi and see what he thinks about springs or coillies really hoping i can get away with springs otherwise it's gonna be a few months before i can afford coilies.

Its just down to the extra weight what you think would be a ok drop turns out to much.  :smiley:

Tony Danza was very good to me at Udubs and explained it to me in simpleton terms as requested.  :signIWS:

Basically if you put a ball on a piece of elastic and bounce it like a yo yo then do the same with a heavier ball, the heavier ball will travel back up further.  :chicken:

I'm with ya now, so i could possibly get away with the pro kit which is a smaller drop, :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:20 pm »

@TC Gonna have a chat with andy at psi and see what he thinks about springs or coillies really hoping i can get away with springs otherwise it's gonna be a few months before i can afford coilies.

Its just down to the extra weight what you think would be a ok drop turns out to much.  :smiley:

Tony Danza was very good to me at Udubs and explained it to me in simpleton terms as requested.  :signIWS:

Basically if you put a ball on a piece of elastic and bounce it like a yo yo then do the same with a heavier ball, the heavier ball will travel back up further.  :chicken:

I'm with ya now, so i could possibly get away with the pro kit which is a smaller drop, :wink:

I honestly couldn't tell you, I know they are expensive but coilovers have got to be the answer, For a set of springs and alignment you are talking near 300, if they have to come off, and sold, then you lose big time. If it where me i would wait until i had the extra few hundred and go the adjustable route.  :smiley:
Just my thoughts on it. Those rims were in perfect condition on the stand with as new tyres. We asked him a couple of questions and he said they rubbed with some drop, thats why i got asking people about mine i started to flap a bit.
I think he tried them with a drop and realised it was not going to work.  :smiley:
Who knows it may turn out that you can drop it without any probs. But if you do go just springs them i would do my research thoroughly.  :wink:

Offline jt1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:01 pm »

I honestly couldn't tell you, I know they are expensive but coilovers have got to be the answer, For a set of springs and alignment you are talking near 300, if they have to come off, and sold, then you lose big time. If it where me i would wait until i had the extra few hundred and go the adjustable route.  :smiley:
Just my thoughts on it. Those rims were in perfect condition on the stand with as new tyres. We asked him a couple of questions and he said they rubbed with some drop, thats why i got asking people about mine i started to flap a bit.
I think he tried them with a drop and realised it was not going to work.  :smiley:
Who knows it may turn out that you can drop it without any probs. But if you do go just springs them i would do my research thoroughly.  :wink:

Will do cheers for the advise :wink: :wink:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 05:44:10 pm »
I was goona go with springs but I weighed up all the costs and coilovers were only a few hundred quid extra, go for coilovers FTW  :rolleye:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jt1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »
I was goona go with springs but I weighed up all the costs and coilovers were only a few hundred quid extra, go for coilovers FTW  :rolleye:

Whats the ride like on the ap coillies?

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 08:26:47 am »

I don't know yet mate they are going on a week friday. I spoke to a few guys about them because I was a bit unsure at first, buy peanuts and you get monkeys sorta thing, but basically they are the exact same unit as the FK Highsport coilover, the only difference is that the thread is a little more course than the FK's so it is less likely to seizing. The FK's get some very good write up's so I cant see there being any problems.

As soon as I get them on mate I will post some pics and do a bit of a write up on them  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 08:28:59 am »
Could do with some updated pics of yours Tom  :wink: :happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 08:33:22 am »
Could do with some updated pics of yours Tom  :wink: :happy2:

I know matey, long overdue! I will hopefully get the car back today so I will try and get my arse in gear and get some before and after pics  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jt1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »

I don't know yet mate they are going on a week friday. I spoke to a few guys about them because I was a bit unsure at first, buy peanuts and you get monkeys sorta thing, but basically they are the exact same unit as the FK Highsport coilover, the only difference is that the thread is a little more course than the FK's so it is less likely to seizing. The FK's get some very good write up's so I cant see there being any problems.

As soon as I get them on mate I will post some pics and do a bit of a write up on them  :happy2:

Cheers mate :wink: