Make a donation

Author Topic: Motorcycle Accident on A76 between Galston & Mauchline!!!!!  (Read 2551 times)

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Motorcycle Accident on A76 between Galston & Mauchline!!!!!
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:57 am »
Was dropping my sis off after watching fast 5 at the cinema & came across this accident on the A76 @ approx 7.30pm

For people in this area, it happened at the Galston crossroads section that has a blind hill approaching it from Kilmarnock. Looks like a car was maybe pulling out of the crossroad & bike went into the side of it, can only guess from the damage on the car.

Was weird, as I was coming out of Kilmarnock cinema, I basically followed the ambulance to the horrific scene so must have only just happened before I got there

All I can say is I really do hope the rider is ok but by the look of him, the way he was lying on the road & state of his bike, I severly doubt it. Cold shivers ran down my back as I passed him :sad1:

Never a nice thing to see  :sad1: & I've seen quite alot of nasty accidents etc

If anyone here knows the person or hears anything, please reply here. Would be nice to know that he is hopefully ok after seeing what I did.

Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline drexel75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Motorcycle Accident on A76 between Galston & Mauchline!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:10:43 pm »
Is that at the roundabout at Crossroads or the junction at Crosshands. Both can be pretty bad at times. I had heard there was a smash on that road last night. not nice. How is the ankle doing?

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »
Is that at the roundabout at Crossroads or the junction at Crosshands. Both can be pretty bad at times. I had heard there was a smash on that road last night. not nice. How is the ankle doing?

At the junction, yeah lots of accidents there because of the blind crest.
Did look horrific, specially with a bike being involved  :sad1:

Ankle is getting there slowly thanks, got slight more complications though, physio reckons I still have major damage to my achilles tendon, so need to wait until I see my surgeon again & go from there.
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:47 pm »
Quite a few bike accidents in the past week, a fella was killed up my way at Hartside on Easter Monday.

I've been out on mine nearly all week round Hartside, just got to ride safe and be carefull

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........