Make a donation

Author Topic: Used Car Prices  (Read 2130 times)

Offline pitch3110

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Used Car Prices
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »
Chatting to a couple of pals in the motoring biz last night, their views concured with an article I had read in one of the daily's that the big drops in used car prices is leveling off & in some cases on the rise.

The lack of new cars hitting the road is, as you would expect impacting on the supply of used motors, supply & demand etc.......

I was looking for prob 3 months for an ED30 for the wifey & there were several about, some at silly money & others priced to sell.

Certainly in the 3 weeks that she has had hers there is no question that the numbers on the varrying sites has dropped.

I looked the week after we had purchased expecting to see a right peach, as you normally due when the plunge is taken, but nothing.

Perhaps we are about to see Mk5 prices on the rise.............
HIS (collected 12.10.09) - B8 A4 2.0TDI-143PS Multi Exec S-Line Saloon...Lovin' Lava, 19's, MMI & lots more
TOY - 2001 Westfield 2.1 SEW,172bhp gocart.
HERS - Edition 30 Golf GTI no:0602, 3dr, Steel Grey, Xenons, Comfort Pack & lots more...

Offline Cochese

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Used Car Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 08:27:52 pm »
 Maybe not on the rise, but hopefully not really dropping any more for a while. Although, these are strange times so you never know. 
Pieces of eight!

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:40:06 pm »
I've heard this aswell Pitch! My neighbour who works at the Vw garage was saying they are seeing used car sales starting to rise slightly That said they've sold 75 09 plates for this month :happy2:

Toast
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline pitch3110

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:48:19 pm »
The Pal I was chatting to last night owns two Renault dealerships & was saying the same.

They are shifting both used & new cars in greater numbers than they had forecast over the first 2 months of this year.

Like you have mentioned Cochese 'these are strange times'. :confused:
HIS (collected 12.10.09) - B8 A4 2.0TDI-143PS Multi Exec S-Line Saloon...Lovin' Lava, 19's, MMI & lots more
TOY - 2001 Westfield 2.1 SEW,172bhp gocart.
HERS - Edition 30 Golf GTI no:0602, 3dr, Steel Grey, Xenons, Comfort Pack & lots more...

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »
Used cars are shooting up, Brittish car auction is a joke at present,

Before Xmas a car booking at £8000 trade you could maybe get for £6800-£7000, in the last few weeks an £8000 will sell for £10000+ this is well above retail.

I had my eye on a GTi Glasses guide trade at £9800 clean the car sold for £12800,

Glasses guide prices went up 3% from Feb > March which never happens,

I think as no one is buying new cars all dealers are buying as much used stock at possible, this is early days and i think
in the next fewmonths all car prices will rise.
New Golf on the Way :D

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:53:39 pm »
I've heard this aswell Pitch! My neighbour who works at the Vw garage was saying they are seeing used car sales starting to rise slightly That said they've sold 75 09 plates for this month :happy2:

business manager at a vw dealership has said the same thing

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:17:26 am »
Funnily enough I was in a stealer at the weekend, (he was trying to sell me a Rocco), and I know the salesman really well (a rare good guy), and he told me the same thing.

Apparently dealers were too quick before Christmas to enpty their lots of good examples of late used cars and now there is a shortage. He pointed me to their forecourt where's it's usually overflowing and there were quite a few holes.

He said they were not exactly desperate, but anxious to replenish their used car stocks, (as were most dealers) and to that effect used prices for good examples have actually started to rise again !

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »
But what about all those pics of brand new cars stuck in dock carparks?!