Make a donation

Author Topic: Armrest < quickie  (Read 982 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Armrest < quickie
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »
fitting the WHOLE ducting etc. fully working armrst.

When I come to fit a MDI unit in the armrest will I need to remove the whole thing again? especially to run the cable from head unit to armrest?

Also, this is the pipe (below) the dealer searched for to connect the ducts to armrest.....via the cup holder etc.? I just seem another pipe simular which splits into two? have I been given the wrong one? have a 2004 gt tdi......is this correct? and do the pipes just simply slot in? as I expected the ends to have a seal/join?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:41:58 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: Armrest < quickie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 03:43:29 pm »
updated
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:28:29 pm »
 :confused:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »
that is the newer part and it will be fine.
you don't need to remove it again when you feed the wire through
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »
how would I do it?

feed the loom down the back of the head unit? and just took it along the side....i.e run it along side the seats to the arm rest?

as are there any connectors  to join/connect all the ducting? or are they just made to sit inside one another? feeling the will pop out or even let the heat/cold air out the joints....