Make a donation

Author Topic: Reflex silver Tdi with a hint of .:R  (Read 12745 times)

Offline rachel

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Reflex silver Tdi with a hint of .:R
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 07:13:20 pm »
sweet, thanks for the link w80ody

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »
Had a custom exhaust made up for it; sounds surprisingly good (for a diesel)

Hmmm, interested in seen a more detailed view of your custom exhaust as I'm planning a similar thing myself myself albeit with a GTI exit not R32. Did you just change it from the backbox onward or did you do away with the middle silencer too? Glad you changed over to the darker GTI headlights. Changes the whole front of the car. Tis on my to-do list.  :happy2:

Also would like to know how you attached your GTI spoiler and what work their is involved with the 3rd light?

p.s. sorry for lack of pics on FB so far, been a busy weekend so far but I'll get round to it soon.

Offline w80ody

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »
dodds, good to see you on the forum!

Have a look at this link for better pictures of the exhaust: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,28829.0.html
The original backbox was removed and a Y section made up to split for the R32 exits.
The centre box is still in, have contemplated removing this but fear it will drone too much.

Something like this would do you maybe?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110673441476&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Spoiler is bonded on to tailgate.

Watch when ordering the spoiler from VW as there are two types, one is the same as Gti/R32, the other is a slightly different design that doesn’t include a built in brake light (the design has a scoop in the middle so the original light can be used). I believe that spoiler is from the accessories range. Hence when ordering you need to buy the brake light that fits the Gti spoiler. They removed my old light, feed the connector through the wing, bonded it on then popped in the new light 

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »
Thought I'd revive your build thread Woody with a few pics from the Extreme Motorsport Rolling Road Day:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:09:21 pm by dodds-gttdi »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »
love this car the r32 front end is excellent :happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 11:22:38 pm »
really like this car on the S4 rims. think those are what you should use all year round personally!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline w80ody

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:47 pm »
Time for a thread update!

Had lower door lights fitted by scott golfman earlier in the summer, no pics I’m afraid but worth it to avoid the all to often foot in puddle/slush/snow incidents from last winter.

Couple of pictures from over the summer

The other half getting in the way

Fitted a pair of Eibach Sportline springs to take the rear down a touch more, now happier with the height. The front could go down a bit more but front bumper+kerbs+gf/parents (ok and me) mean its taken a few scrapes even at this height.

Couple of pics of a West Coast blast, starting at our boat in Fort William

Through Glen Coe

To rolling road day at Extreme motorsport in Whitburn (near Edinburgh) with golfman and dodds-gttdi

Finally fixed my passenger seat which wasn’t sliding forward…its been like that for past 3years lol making it a pain in the ass for folks getting in&out of back seats. Have put up a guide here to help anyone who has the same problem.

Next up will be a winter update

Offline w80ody

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »
Winter beckons….

I sold my previous winter setup of Audi Avus 17s with Dunlop Wintersport 3D’s to golfman earlier this year, now fitted to his car . I quickly regretted this when I realised how much more demand there was for winter treads this year! Finally picked up a set of Nokian’s localish in Glasgow and put them on a set of 17” Gti monzas that dodds-gttdi had picked up for me.

Put them on last week of October which may seem early but I headed off the following week to work for 6weeks in Iraq so by the time I return mid December I expect sub zero temperatures and some snow.

Looking into plasti dipping them as I think the silver a little boring or spraying them anthracite to hide the winter filth something like (cheers to Jungle_Faced_Jake for the inspiration)
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac206/Jungle_Face_Jake/_PLB4180.jpg

Picked up 2 damaged R32 grilles; will get one wrapped and fitted when im back home to beef up the front end of the car which I’ve always felt is missing something.

Work in progress!

Also fed up having a frozen ass and frozen washer jets so must get kufatec heated seat loom fitted and a loom from EddieNL for the heated washers

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 09:59:52 am »
Looking tidy. Wrapped grille and darker wheels would look nice! :happy2:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 11:15:37 am »
Nice car!
If I may, there is one thing (only one  :innocent:) that is not for my taste: the front mud flaps. I am not a big fan of those but it's you taste that matters.
Drive safe and keep up the good work!

I was gonna say the same mate :sick:

They just don't work with all the colour coding!

Apart from the flaps the car is gorgeous though mate. Looks like you have spent some time on it and it definitely paid off  :notworthy:

There are a handful of really great soot chuckers, and yours is def one of em!

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »
looking really good, will be good to see the updates!