Make a donation

Author Topic: Keeping power down  (Read 1352 times)

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Keeping power down
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »
Hi, just had my stage 1 revo done, really happy with it, only problem is traction feels a bit vague when driving it hard and planning uprated fuel pump and twintake which won't help matters, what do you suggest to help reduce this apart from a LSD? Cheers

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Keeping power down
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:29 am »
walk with polybushes, coilovers, lower engine mount, geometry check, sticky tyres
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Re: Keeping power down
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:42:14 am »
The best way is not to put your foot down hard and have the power all at once.  You need to be smooth with the power delivery in the lower gears as wheel spin doesnt get you anywhere! Apart from back to the tyre fitters for another set quicker :grin:  All the toys like WALK, LSD etc will help but the key is throttle control and balance.
I have Shark stage 1 map and have removed my pre cat.  In the lower gears it is very easy to spin the wheels but you will get used to the power and how to apply it correctly to the road :driver:  
Also try not to lift off the power / brake mid corner and balance the car with the use of the throttle. Else it can unsettle the balance and load up the front tyre causing loss of traction and that vague feeling.  My Octy only has eibach springs and never feels vague and is very planted to the road.
I do not know if you are an advanced driver or have any experience with it. If not it might be worth going on a course as I see a lot of people braking into corners and entering/exiting too fast.  Most (not all) of the problems associated with poor handling is poor driving practise and the car being out of balance.  I thought I was a good driver before doing my advanced course at work but I was wrong.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:52:32 am by 56OctyVRS »
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box