Make a donation

Author Topic: The New Ride... (Update)  (Read 22136 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: The New Ride...
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:47 am »
Looks perfect Ben you must be made up  :happy2:

I've been waiting to see pics of this for ages!

And I need those rear lights !!
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:49 am »
Cheers mate  :happy2: Yeah, very happy with it tbh..
Very tempted to follow in your footsteps with the BMWP go faster stripes now  :laugh: Saw a white 123d Coupe the other day with them on and it looked  :drool:
You getting on ok with yours mate? Any updates?

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 07:29:40 pm »
Yeah I saw a white one with the stripes recently and it looked great! Theyre only about 100 fitted at BMW :happy2:

Mines not changed other than a stage 1 map which is awesome , cant imagine what yours will be like :driver:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 09:15:33 pm »
In fact, ben can you pm me your reg so I can get a price for the rear lights tomorrow , they find them from chassis numbers apparently  :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

Missed this mate been working away alot recently.

Cars looking awesome and the black wheels make it look even better aswell as the CF spoiler.

Anyways get the map on and get down to Pod :grin:

All been well see you next weekend and also got the wheels fitted today.....  finaly :ashamed: :rolleye:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 08:55:16 pm »
Superb powers, and yes, they look the shiz with the stripes. I'm considering them on mine to break up the murderer look!

Oh, and on that subject I've had it since Monday, it's fricking hilariously brilliant. I 'accidentally' had it sideways on a diesel spill within the first 5 minutes and thankfully it is very progressive... although I wad hoping to get used to it before finding that out - oops!
Sideways yo!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »
Superb powers, and yes, they look the shiz with the stripes. I'm considering them on mine to break up the murderer look!

Oh, and on that subject I've had it since Monday, it's fricking hilariously brilliant. I 'accidentally' had it sideways on a diesel spill within the first 5 minutes and thankfully it is very progressive... although I wad hoping to get used to it before finding that out - oops!
:rolleye: :driver:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2011, 03:22:32 pm »
Little update..

Had the car down @ DMS on Friday afternoon to give it's ECU a little tickle here and there. Choose DMS for a number of reasons, main one being that i've yet to here a bad word against them (including customers from all over the world who have payed for Rob to travel over to them  :surprised:) and know a lot of people who have dealt with them and been more than happy. Plus after meeting Rob when he came and did my Dad's X5 the other week, I spoke with him in depth about my car and after listening to his extensive knowledge the decision was made.
It was a long drive to their premises in Southampton. but i'm soooo glad I went. The machinery this guys deals with is simply  :drool: Ranging from cars like mine to all AMG Mercs, BMW's and just about every Porsche you can think of including a 868bhp Porsche GT2 . He is also trying to persuade one of his mates/customers to buy a Veyron so he can bring it upto Supersport spec..  :party:
Some snaps from outside his premises and you'll notice his next door neighbour deals with some half decent stuff too..  :drool:

Anyway, after the ECU was out and flashed, she was put on the rollers to see what difference it made...

The car was RR'd at Dave's (PDT) the other week when standard and we were running thin on time with me having to get home, so didn't do a 'before' run. But once done the results were as follows..

Standard..

Mapped..

Car feels much much stronger and the difference seems a lot more noticable than when I had my LCR and Ed30 first mapped (they may of taken longer to adapt though)..

So all in all a very happy customer  :smiley: Now to see what she'll do @ Pod when I decide to run her..  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:28:56 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Saint Steve

Re: The New Ride... (Update)
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2011, 04:13:49 pm »
Was that at Lydhurst Ben near southampton??.....  that not far from me :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2011, 04:29:29 pm »
Hounsdown Business Park, Totton Steve, if that means anything to you..? Was looking out for a Sky van flashing it's lights whilst down there but no such luck..  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:33:54 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Mapped..

Well thanks for nothing Ben  :confused: The idea was to keep to Ed 30 so I wouldnt play around with the 335i, now look what youve done!!!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2011, 06:30:21 pm »
Was that at Lydhurst Ben near southampton??.....  that not far from me :happy2:

He could have popped round for a cuppa and a fight over the biscuits.  :wink:  :smiley:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2011, 06:35:31 pm »

Mapped..

Well thanks for nothing Ben  :confused: The idea was to keep to Ed 30 so I wouldnt play around with the 335i, now look what youve done!!!

Get it done Neil, you know you want to..? I can't recommend Rob enough though seriously. Such a nice chap too and I got on with him really well. Only downside was, we both spoke that much, he took him ages to do anything..  :signLOL:

Saint Steve

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:59 pm »
Totton is 10 mins from me on the motorway.... Biscuit fights i normally Win Ian :signLOL:

How does the car now compare ben to your Stage 2+ eddy?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »
Now I bet that feels like a nice shove in the back Ben :happy2:

380lbft should be more than adequate too :driver:

Like Steve says, how does she feel in comparison to the Eddy?
Golf R gone.