Make a donation

Author Topic: Dent Wizards  (Read 3153 times)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
Dent Wizards
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »
Has anyone used this company?  Would you recommend them?

After a supermarket visit I have a two pence sized dent in my door :fighting:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Dent Wizards
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:31 am »
I think that they are, like Chips Away, a franchise. So you may find that the guy that covers your area is great/poor. I'd ask your local bodyshop who they use for small repairs, also ask your dealer (if they are any good).

Personal recommendation is king, here.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline kian

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:59:49 am »
I agree - go and have a quiet word with your local sales team at a big dealership. They get these services for peanuts from local independant 'dent removers' - which makes the service mobile and pretty cheap. Even cheaper if you get a name of somebody at the dealer to quote!

My brother referred me to somebody, and it was less than £50 for a decent sized dent.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:37:20 pm »
Nice advice - thanks. Anyone have any recommendations for work in the North East?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:09:29 pm »
Nice advice - thanks. Anyone have any recommendations for work in the North East?

Where abouts? East Yorkshire I can advise
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »
East yorkshire is fine :happy2:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:33:39 pm »
In that case mate, I'd speak to the good folk at Peter Fraser Accident repair in Anlaby. A great bodyshop, and they have a first class dent remoing guy who, I think, is mobile.

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »
Shame your not near Bolton.Great dent man over here

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:53 am »
In that case mate, I'd speak to the good folk at Peter Fraser Accident repair in Anlaby. A great bodyshop, and they have a first class dent remoing guy who, I think, is mobile.

I will check them out...thanks :happy2:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »
Sadly, & ironically, after all my advice, I came out to my car this lunchtime to find some thoughtless tw*t has stuck two dents and a nice patch of scratches into my nearside wheel arch. So Nigel the uber dent remover is coming on Friday mornig to sort me out. PM me & I'll give you his mobile number. I used him before when my Subaru needed his attention & he's brilliant.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »
Bar stewards

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »
Cheers Lou :happy2: Although I have just checked where Anlaby is and its further away than I thought. I guess your man won't head as far as North Yorkshire :sad1:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 07:24:36 pm »
Bummer, I doubt it. However you could always arrange to meet him somewhere in the scenic East Riding? Experience the thrills, fish & fleshpots of thriving Hull, culture centre of the Humber  :laugh:

Actually you could in all seriousness arrange to meet him at Fraser Accident repair. He's worth the trip.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »
Sounds like a good recomendation!

This is my dent = You win although I feel for you mate!

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
I'll let you know how he does on Friday.  :happy2: