Make a donation

Author Topic: Headlight Washer  (Read 4596 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Headlight Washer
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:55 pm »
Have them fitted to the car, never seen them wash the lights yet......

How can I check them without plugging the car in? i.e what can I do, to force them out ?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline els904

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Headlight Washer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:16 am »
They only work if the headlights are on - then they should operate on every fifth manual screenwash.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:07:15 am »
Johnny if they don't work has advised above then check the fuse I think its number 35 or 36 should be a 20a fuse???

Darren

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:05:01 am »
was told 5th wash.....done this, looked but nothing.

will go check fuses in next 10min. thanks again ppl  :happy2:

Darren < Scary you know these numbers off the top of your head lol if there ANYTHING you don'y know  :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:14:40 am by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:44:59 am »
 :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

:notworthy: :notworthy: < Darren

Working a treat!! Just got a face full of screen cleaner  :signLOL: but work a treat now. Was shocked at how long the arms were, put the son in the car asked him to keep pressing it....Booooom nearly had my eye out  :happy2:

Thanks again

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 06:57:15 pm »
No probs mate, i sorted them for another member the other day, he didn't realise he had them until i said the relay was showing a fault.

I think he was surprised when they jumped out aswell.

Darren

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »

Mine werent working the other week was the fuse.  When I realised they weren't buggered I took the fuse back out to stop my polished paint been squirted with screen wash every 5 wipes lol

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
 :signLOL: I know what you mean, mine are pretty full on. They almost wash the whole front of the car

However, as mine have been used for a while, the front of the car is now filthy < spraying dirty water/muck.

Can I pull/push them out to clean them??

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 07:47:07 pm »

I wouldnt force them out personally if thats what you mean?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:51:42 pm »
OOooo nooo not planning to. Just wanted to know how can I get them to come out so I can clean them

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:25 pm »
Clean what? if you mean the nozzles then don't they are high pressure nozzles and have a specific spray pattern messing with them can damage how they work.

Best thing to do is take the drivers fog grille off and disconnect the hose and empty the water out of it but to be honest the easiest way is just keep topping the filler bottle up and activating the washers keep running clean water through it.

Darren

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:40 pm »
 :happy2: Will do...............

Was just seeing if I could pop them out to give them a general clean. Lack of use they have been firing out crap......but will just keep the water flowing.  :smiley:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:29:56 pm »

I wouldnt force them out personally if thats what you mean?

Nah, no problemo - how do you think you adjust the spray pattern?  :wink:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~