Make a donation

Author Topic: Next car (yet another thread!)  (Read 7446 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Next car (yet another thread!)
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:28 pm »
if your heart is set on a Golf Gti then wait untill you can get one or pay that little bit extra for the insurance. I had the same problem a year ago, i ended up buying an Audi A3 2.0TDI Sport, beautiful looking car, was nice to drive and ok for fuel economy. But it lasted for 6months because i wanted a Golf Gti, everytime i saw one drive past i was envious and it made me hate the Audi more and more each time i saw a Gti. I wish i just bought the Gti and spent that little bit extra on insurance.

My heart isnt set on a GTI, I want a good looking, fast and fun car. The more and more I look into the 197 the more I like it. Does anyone know the difference between a standard 197 and the f1? Is it just that it came with recaros and cup suspension as standard?  :happy2:

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 12:34:09 am »
Yup. Unless you go for a Liquid Yellow one, everything on the R27 was available as an option on the 197. One definite to look out for is the xenon lights, which are excellent. They're also plentiful, as unlike Golfs and A3s, 193 out of the 500 of R27s had that box ticked.

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 07:30:19 am »
the clio F1 is a fun fast car! my mate had one for 2 years and it was a joy to drive, back roads will become ur new best friend. have u considered the older shape civic type R? amazin cars!! or as a few others have mentioned the mini cooper S...the noise of the mini will keep a smile on ur face
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high