Make a donation

Author Topic: Having stage 1 revo fitted tomorrow  (Read 6126 times)

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Having stage 1 revo fitted tomorrow
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:00 pm »
Had car about 6 weeks now so fancied a bit more power . Will I notice the difference?

Anyone on here got a stage 1 on standard gti?

thanks

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
Re: Having stage 1 revo fitted tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »
Haven't done mine bit I believe the term is

Night and day!!
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline RobB

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34:36 pm »
Yes, you'll notice!  Had Stage 1 Revo done last week after only a week of Ed30 ownership (part of the reason I got an Ed30 was tuning potential).  Coming from a non-turbo car previously, I find the 0 - 2,500 rpm rev range a bit flat and laggy - but this is no different to the stock Ed30 and I'm sure I'll get used to it.  But there's a big difference from 2,500 rpm and I'm particularly impressed by the in-gear urgency with the re-map.  Enjoy!  (I've recently posted my remap experience in the Revo Zone section if you're interested).

EDIT: Oops :stupid: - didn't read the thread properly as mine is an Ed30 ...  I'm sure re-map on GTI will also give impressive results.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:37:40 pm by RobB »
57 Red Ed30 manual 5dr, Revo Stage 1

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »
oh yes - I love it  :happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:23:59 pm »
Need more info than that... getting mine done tomorrow...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:11 pm »
Need more info than that... getting mine done tomorrow...

Yours is going to fly believe me as its an ED30. I took mine out for a spin last night. Standing start 0-60 is so much quicker. First and second the wheels span though so not sure how you keep the power down in higher maps. Its quicker in every gear by lots. Just pootle along at 20mph then floor it, 60 comes up in no time.

Its fab. Your is going to be unreal. 300 bhp . Hold on to your hat  :signLOL:

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »
Also exhaust note is so much better and gear change is lightening quick.

I would be very excited if I was you  :signLOL:

Offline ED30_jase

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00:35 pm »
It is definatley night and day isn't it!!  :driver:

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
I fancy getting a stage 1 map done to my car too, along with the DV is there any other parts I should be upgrading? Would like to keep stock exhaust for the meantime but maybe a miltek cat back and stage 2 in the future!

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:17 pm »
I fancy getting a stage 1 map done to my car too, along with the DV is there any other parts I should be upgrading? Would like to keep stock exhaust for the meantime but maybe a miltek cat back and stage 2 in the future!

First time I went to have it done they advised me I needed a new DV valve and have recently had new spark plugs too. Once you get it done you will never go back , I went back to normal a few weeks ago while VW fitted my spark plugs and its totally different. Not only is it so much quicker in acceleration but the extra torque rise prevents it from kicking down and high speeds . For instance standard at 80 mph if you push your foot down half way it kicks down to 5th. Now it doesnt need to kickdown the torque just pulls its along . Mine is a standard GTi and its plenty enough power now at 240 bhp.

I have no other mods just the remap.

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 10:58:32 am »
Cool, thanks. What spark plugs did they recommend, OEM VW? Also what type of DV?

I'm from Edinburgh so far as I know there isn't any Revo dealers nearby, any other companies anyone could recommend?

I'd be looking at 240ish BHP and similar torque with the MAP? :smiley:

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »
defo want this done, but want stage 1 and 2, does any body have that done?

also is Dv louder with stage 1?

Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline gti-ug

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:02 pm »

First time I went to have it done they advised me I needed a new DV valve and have recently had new spark plugs too. Once you get it done you will never go back , I went back to normal a few weeks ago while VW fitted my spark plugs and its totally different. Not only is it so much quicker in acceleration but the extra torque rise prevents it from kicking down and high speeds . For instance standard at 80 mph if you push your foot down half way it kicks down to 5th. Now it doesnt need to kickdown the torque just pulls its along . Mine is a standard GTi and its plenty enough power now at 240 bhp.

I spoke to Awesome GTI today about the stage 1 Revo for my standard GTI and they quoted me 260 bhp with no other mods?

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »
Ask them to prove it or get it for free ;-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:43 am »

I spoke to Awesome GTI today about the stage 1 Revo for my standard GTI and they quoted me 260 bhp with no other mods?

thats rubbish, dont believe them

thats stage 2 more like