Make a donation

Author Topic: Window glass rattle  (Read 2254 times)

MPS

Window glass rattle
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:19:49 pm »
I have a slight annoyance with my car in that when I have my window wound down you can hear it rattling in the door! Any causes / suggestions as to a cure? Anyone else had this problem?

MPS

Re: Window glass rattle
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
anyone?

Offline tartanmartin85

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:36 am »
I get this as well and did on my Honda before it. When I drop the window, I use my hand to pull is down to take up the slack and quite often that seems to stop it.

Not sure what the proper cure is tho, would love to know!

Offline roamer1711

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:02:01 am »
window loose in regulator clamps? or regulator loose on door frame, that was the problem in my previous makes of car. Used to take inner panel off watch for movement, not sure on Mk5 seem to remember seeing you had to remove outer skin for regulator replacement ? not sure if inner door cards allow vision and ability to tighten up things.
Went in for a Landy came out with a GTI, mid life crysis? me :-)

Offline cookins

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:23 pm »
I have this problem but i find that it only really happens when the windows in a certain spot so i just move it a bit higher or lower then it stops. As said its just the clamps a bit loose on the window. I had the same problem on my mk4 and never bothered cuz i didn't want the meither of stripping the door down... but then the regulater broke so i had no choice

Offline adamf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:12 am »
i had this problem on my EP3.. there was a fix going about on the type r forum of putting a length of black fuel pipe in the top window rubber. not sure how well (if at all) it will work on a mk5 but hey.. its an idea...check it out...

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=212281

Adam