Make a donation

Author Topic: Which pressure washer  (Read 2258 times)

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
Which pressure washer
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »
My karscher has just packed in and I'm now on the lookout for a replacement. Don't know which brand to buy and I'll only use it on the car - not for cleaning patios etc.

I saw a blue one sorry cannot remember the brand and it had a detergent dispenser could I use this with snow foam? Also does anyone know of any special deals at the minute?

Cheers fellas

Andy

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Which pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »
Quite a few are taken with the Nilfisk models. I bought the c120 off amazon, but if you buy from Argos you can at least take it back if it develops a fault rather than having to wait for a courier who may or may not turn up.

Detergent dispensers are absolutely crap for snowfoam. They give more of a soapy mix. For proper foam, you need air, hence a snowfoam lance.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:13 pm »
Just replaced an expensive karcher with a nilfisk 110 and it is performing far superior. Snow foam with lance is shaving foam thick. A great buy including patio cleaner for £70 from argos, even cheaper at amazon if you can wait?

Another bonus is metal motors instead of plastic so they don't crack and lose all your pressure and start pulsing like most Karchers do once out of warranty :wink:

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »
+1 for the Nilfisk  c110  :happy2:
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:51:47 am »
As Stealth said do I also need the snow foam lance to go with the c110? How much cheaper is it at amazon?

Andy

Offline johnhol78

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:44 am »

After looking on Detailing World for reviews on the nilfisks actually found that some people have been disappointed...fair enough they have the metal pumps instead of plastic like the Karchers but for the cheaper models,  ost say they aren't they much better than the Karchers.

Was set to order a C120 though ended up going on Karcher Outlet and getting a K3 series with all the tools for £109..... :happy2:

Whatever one you plump for KEEP THE RECEIPT.......always packs up if you lose the receipt...sods law  :signLOL:

And stick you accessories for the Karcher on ebay.....the patio cleaner, dirtblaster and gun could make you £50...might allow for a more expensive replacement.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:14:03 am »
As Stealth said do I also need the snow foam lance to go with the c110?
If you already have a snowfoam lance, you can just swap the adaptor.. If you don't, it's worth getting one irrespective of which PW you go for.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:33 am »
Package price has gone back up to £79.99 on amazon but they have it without accessories for £45 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Motor/dp/B001TUYV14/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304328415&sr=8-2

Pic with snowfoam lance, just like shaving foam :laugh:

I bought mine based on all the positive reviews on detailing world, I remember one poster who couldnt get his foam lance working with it but that's the only negative feedback I've seen.  IMO avoid karcher, the internet is littered with stories of failed ones and my k3 which cost almost £200 was never as good as the nilfisk!

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 01:23:23 pm »

This is my pressure washer Karcher K2.94 - been very reliable and is used regularly, never had any problems with it. 
Used in conjunction with a snow foam lance from cleanyourcar.co.uk
Always does the job

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »
^^^Looks like you need an extension hose so the PW can stay well away from the car.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:10:51 am »
Nilfisk washer. Snow foam lance from our very own forum's Keith. A pm & he'll sort you a foam lance
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come