Make a donation

Author Topic: stage 1+/stage 2 remap now done on the Fabia vRS  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
stage 1+/stage 2 remap now done on the Fabia vRS
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:43 am »
new car is now mapped, and im loving it.  Id say its more of a stage 1+ remap and not a stage 2 as im still using the OEM downpipe.

Not going to lie, i was expecting more peak Hp, but saying that, im comparing cars that have been dyno'd on AMDTechnik&Awesome GTIs rollers with full 3" TBE and some with intakes.  Mine is on dynodynamics rollers with a butchered OEM downpipe  :laugh:  That said comparing it to the two other REVO stage 2 graphs in circulation and the midrange on mine is MUCH stronger, and REVO only takes over from 5k onwards.

Compared to the 2 REVO S2 dynos graphs (only rough obviously as different dynos)
30Hp/40lbft more @ 3500rpm,
30Hp/30lbft more @ 4000rpm,
20Hp/20lbft more @ 4500rpm
and 5hp more @ 5000rpm then REVO take  over finishing +20Hp

Not bothered tbh, i rarely go over 5k anyway, and if i was to spend £1100 TBE id prob only gain about 5-10hp @ the peak, so not worth it.  Going to get myself an intake instead, they're proven for a good 10Hp+ on stock cars so id imagine even more on a stage 2 car.

Midrange is immense on it.  60Hp/75lbft gain over stock @4000rpm.  It doesnt have that force you back in your seat you get with stage 2+ on the TFSI, but i think its not far off.  I also think the stock figures would have shown up less, as the stock run was done with the butchered exhaust.

Andthe ebst part is, its only cost me £60 which was to get the exhaust sorted.  got the map free as it was the doner car :jumpmove:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: stage 1+/stage 2 remap now done on the Fabia vRS
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:34:11 am »
Lovely engine the 1.4TSi and great results too :happy2:

Like you say, the mid range difference looks superb and that is exactly where you need the gains for flexible motoring.

What we want from you now are some GPS speed logs to show us how fast it is :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:43:34 am »
send me yours then lol

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:45:41 am »
send me yours then lol

Steve Jr at Statllers has mine at the moment :driver:

What mobile phone do you have?

They do accelleration apps :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:58:56 am »
im so far behind the times with phones.  so thats out the window lol

ref the times i know befor they fitted the downpipe and stage 2 map that they used VCDS to time the 0-62 and 0-100 and they were consistent sub 6 seconds and sub 14 seconds respectively