Make a donation

Author Topic: what are the best components?  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
Re: what are the best components?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »
can they handle loud music constantly?
There small diameter speakers. Your prob killing them as your running them into distorsion at low frequencies. Best to highpass filter them with a very steep slope so they are not running below there resonant frequeny at high power and add a sub to the system to cover the low stuff.

i have x2 12" diamond audio subs aswell...there the business
Then you need cone area to match the midbass output to the large output of the subs. Or to turn the highpass filter for a higher frequency on the midbass units and make sure its a steep slope at least 24db/octave. Or to be able to recognise what distortion sounds like so you know were your maximum level is.
What are you driving these speakers with? What ampliers? Did who ever set the system gain structure up tell you the max level you should use on the headunit before it starts to clip?
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline jas-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 11:10:45 pm »
the subs running off a diamond audio amp...and the components will be running off my vibe amplifier... i'm not to sure what hes going to set it up like but i'll write all this down and show him! highly appreciated budyy :D

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:51 am »
Well the speaker choice largely comes down to the music you listen too.

Value for money that can easily handle power sound great and plays pretty much any kind of music,
My personal pick would be the Rainbow SLX 265 Deluxe.

If you nave more money to spend, them perhaps go with Hertz HSK163.4's as a full 3 way replacement.

Or you can get a Rainbow make an IQ series of the line-up for mk5 specific. But the spacers don't fit 100% correctly out of the box. Little mods are required.

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm »
Either Rainbow or Focals!! Ive got Rainbows in the front, Focals in the rear - Amazing sound quality!!
If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 06:43:21 am »

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 11:50:39 am »
I had Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe 6.5" Component speakers in the front for about a year they sounded good however i have now upgraded to the IQ 320.25 rainbow 3 way components and they sound  :happy2:

I still have the Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe 6.5 if anyones after a set.