Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 - Phone Option  (Read 1064 times)

Offline nick_johnson

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
RNS 510 - Phone Option
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:21:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

With thanks to Eddie from the forum we managed to diagnose that I have had a phone kit fitted to my RNS 510 when I went to visit him at the weekend to fit my cruise control. For those whom have this fitted to their car I wonder if you can help me out with a couple of minor niggles when my Blackberry 9700 is connected, firstly the RNS 510 displays "No Network" although it work perfectly fine as I can clearly see the signal bars on the display.

Heres a picture:

Having said that if the phone has been connect for a long period of time and you have made a couple of calls and also received a couple of calls the "Network Provider" name does eventually appear:

Heres a picture:

Any ideas?

Secondly I cant seem to sync my phonebook with the unit, on the RNS it state the phone book cannot be displayed and in the phones options it states it cannot push the phonebook to the RNS device, any ideas on this one also?

Nick     
MK5 Golf - GT 1.4 TSI

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: RNS 510 - Phone Option
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »
The unit basically doesnt work well with your phone software, the RNS firmware also has a bearing on this compatibility.  I have an RNS510 a 729B bluetooth and what was a HD2 windows mobile.

1200firmware 729B and windows mobile I had 6 shortcuts access to phonebook and the sporadic network info signal strength and network name.

custom 1300 firmware lost me all functionality apart from viewing recent call and dialled calls and using the dial pad and sending and receiving calls.

custom 1300 firmware and cracking my windows phone over to Android froyo I got full functionality 6 short cuts full phone book and network info.

so you either need to change your firmware or your phone to get anything more than that.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.