Make a donation

Author Topic: New grey gatso's anyone!?  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: New grey gatso's anyone!?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 09:35:50 pm »
They are either traffic flow camera's or ANPR.. Only gray ones i see are forward flashing for gatso's and the type above but with red lights in them (like what you have on cctv sometimes), red light and bus lane camera's..

Plus if they are under test I don't think anything can be done (don't quote me on that,lol)..

I remember reading that yellow are local government and gray are govourment at one point but 99% of all new cameras are yellow...

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 10:04:54 pm »
A bit of google assistance and PH seems to indicate they are trial Specs cameras not yet active.
You mean they're trying to see how much £££ they can collect and whether it's worth running them?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 10:06:17 pm »
A bit of google assistance and PH seems to indicate they are trial Specs cameras not yet active.
You mean they're trying to see how much £££ they can collect and whether it's worth running them?

Yep, that's about right ;)

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 10:08:18 pm »
I travel all over the country and see hundreds, and have never seen any without warnings, so i was trying to confirm to the op that they are highly likely not to be speed cameras. Dont know for sure.  :happy2:

Nah, trust me ... they are likely to be speed cameras ... but as not 'painted' or signed properly are unlikely to be active.  Unpainted ones are usually decommissioned ... or new  :wink:

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »
I do alot of driving around the uk and have seen these for a while here and there, wondered what they are, after just doing a google search it turns out they are flash poles, like said earlier in the thread, they are for areas where speeders are common at night time, used to give a better picture.

Ive only read this and by no means know if its true  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:57 pm »
I'm 90% sure it's just an external flash for the newer digital cameras now being used in the gatsos!  :signLOL:

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:03 pm »
I drove through those the other day mate, wasnt exactly taking it steady either but hence no road markings and think I saw a 'Cameras on Test' sign at the first one. That bit of road has always been a fast one and Horsham council probably have seen a nice little earner.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 04:51:10 pm »
There are a couple of these near me with the ‘cameras on test’ sign. No gatso near it so it’s not a flash for a gatso.

Plus that stretch of road is not a quick place (it’s a curved bit of road just past a junction/traffic lights).

Will be interesting to find out what they are.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦