Make a donation

Author Topic: Door Mirror Problems!  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Redev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
Door Mirror Problems!
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:14:59 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 05 GTi with folding door mirrors. Anyway I've noticed that if I use the adjuster to change the right hand mirror it's also moving the left!!

If I try to adjust the left it moves independently of the right! 

Any ideas?

Black GTI, DSG, Cruise control, MFD2,  Leather, MFSW with paddles, Parrot kit, Xenons, CD Changer, Armrest, Come home lighting/puddle lights, mod list in glovebox waiting for some cash and sunny weather....

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Door Mirror Problems!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:20:18 pm »
If you have Highline, it maybe that you need to adjust the settings in the Convienience menu buddy   :smiley:

Offline Redev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »
Nope, no highline! Worked fine up until today! So weird!

Black GTI, DSG, Cruise control, MFD2,  Leather, MFSW with paddles, Parrot kit, Xenons, CD Changer, Armrest, Come home lighting/puddle lights, mod list in glovebox waiting for some cash and sunny weather....

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »
Bummer dude. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about will be along soon I'm sure buddy. Hope you get it sorted soon (and cheaply!)

GTIStevie

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:28:02 pm »
I think its a standard feature with golf mine does it too.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 06:48:37 pm »
andy as said there is a option in the conveinience menu for adjusting both mirrors at the same time, can be changed via hihgline menu or vcds coding.  Odd that yours has just started doing it, luckily the left ones still indeoendant so you can adjust the right then re adjust the left!

Next time you get the opportunity get someone with VCDS to check the coding for you.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=610aumn4r6fr14ck063nr56uot&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:54:03 pm »
Its actually a good system if you use it properly, because it means that once 'set' the mirrors can be adjusted by adjusting one mirror only as the other one should adjust to suit!

Couldnt fit any more adjusting words in there  :signLOL:

Offline Redev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:10:28 pm »
andy as said there is a option in the conveinience menu for adjusting both mirrors at the same time

I wonder if I twiddled some form of strange setting by accident!

Offline Redev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 07:16:37 pm »
Couldn't fit any more adjusting words in there  :signLOL:

I was "Adjust" thinking that! :signLOL:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:47:37 pm »
Normal. VW "convenience" for you. If another person sits in the car and needs to say point the mirrors up, saves time to move them both up rather than having to fiddle with each one.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.