Make a donation

Author Topic: Dude...Where's my car!!  (Read 10510 times)

wycombe_gti

Re: Dude...Where's my car!!
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 12:56:19 pm »
Maybe Im being stupid and brave but Ive worked too bloody hard and spent too much time and spent too much money on my car to just let someone walk in and take it like candy from a baby. Ive thought long and hard and both my keys stay in my room. Its not going without a fight.

Had my ST stolen in a similar way - on the one day ever I left my keys downstairs. Still take my keys for the replacement GTI upstairs these days. Hard to say if a fight would occur or not - depends how old they are. The guys that took mine were teenage scrotes and didn't have a reputation for doing anything other than hunting around downstairs. The police didn't think they would have bothered to come upstairs as they were stealing for joy ride only, and it wasn't worth the higher jail term.
Wouldn't risk my life to fight for it - but I'm not leaving them on a plate downstairs.

If I was at home more often, I'd invest in some of the security measures photographed above, :-)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:02 pm »
One word for all - GAP insurance. Worth every penny.

Sorry to hear about the loss, glad you're ok though.

GAP ended in march..  :confused:

Bugger, sorry to hear that - did you realise or did you let it lapse. I'm sure it's renewable?
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline janus909GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »
FURY!!!!! feel for you bud, my worst nightmare but thank fully you and your wife are both safe, that is all that matters!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 05:05:14 pm »
Sorry to hear this mate.

As a few others here I keep the keys in my room. I’m not necessarily going to fight as it’s not worth loosing your life over a car but I have spent my hard earned cash on it so not going to leave it on a plate for the ‘oxygen thieving b@s!tards’
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »
One word for all - GAP insurance. Worth every penny.

Sorry to hear about the loss, glad you're ok though.

GAP ended in march..  :confused:

Alan. I said in the 1st part of this thread that my wife and I decided not to have the keys in our room.I agree with you and I,m definately up for a scrap for my goods but I could,nt live with myself if something happened to my wife in the process,so downstairs they went.

WhiteGTI.. No buddy,it did'nt have LED lights

Still no word form the force,they gave it a 3 day lead time before its gone.

Ahh ok. My mistake then. I saw a white GTI near where I live that I've never seen before, and it had the LED rears. Hope the police find it mate, you don't deserve this at all.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 02:47:21 pm »
Wow onli jus seen this thread like sum I keep my keys in my room at all times but also have a trusty friend that I keep with me at all times  :evilgrin:

I feel for you gulfstream and am sorry it happened 2 u bud  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Rabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2011, 04:51:15 pm »
Really sorry to hear about this,i also only live around the corner from you!i always take all of are keys to bed after the same thing happened to are neighbours last year!
i will keep a look out and spread the word.

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:17 pm »
Thanks Rabbit.. If you are round the corner from me I reckon yours is the black Golf!!  :laugh:

Offline Rabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2011, 07:50:44 pm »
Silver with black bits,always admired yours every time i pasted it at the golf club :sad1:
we also have a 32 in the family that you may be interested in? 

Offline JPW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »
Really sorry to hear.

There are some thieving scumbags out there :-(
Reflex Silver with a few toys :-)

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 07:23:04 pm »
Just heard that my uncles house in Killamarsh has been done this week too!
After the keys to his A4 cab. Luckily they didn't find them but they did a good job of turning every drawer in the house over looking.  :fighting:

Same culprits I imagine.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 11:11:26 pm »
Only just read this dude and totally gutted for you!

Keep your chin up and just hope the scumbags meet a sticky end some time soon!!  :fighting:

Offline Chris Will

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:49 pm »
I feel your pain mate!!!
I had my Type R stolen a couple of months ago (only had it 3 1/2 weeks)
Same situation, front door wide open at 5am when I got woke up by the cat jumping on the bed.
Ended up getting the car back after a month or so but doesnt feel the same + it was worth 2k less than I paid for it in Feb
On the plus side, I am picking up a 5 door CW GTi on Saturday as a replacement, think GAP insurance will be purchased this time.

On a side note does anyone know if GAP insurance covers you for depreciation if u get the car back???

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »
Thank-you all again for the kind comments.

Update is...No News :confused:

I know its gone,focusing myself now on an Edition 30.(maybes R32) when the settlement comes in.

Gulf

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2011, 05:43:18 pm »
So sorry to hear that Gulf. I'll keep eyes out in East Yorks. If you pm me any vehicle details, I'll speak with my cousin, Traffic, Humberside, just in case it's come our way.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)