Make a donation

Author Topic: Why are people so evil to do this to my Edition30 (pics inside)  (Read 17628 times)

Offline GEE

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Why are people so evil to do this to my Edition30 (pics inside)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 06:42:38 pm »
it happened in a car park at 5ways in the centre of Birmingham.

yes i need to balance insurance cost vs cost of me paying for the respray

PS - if you look at the picture of the boot, the scratch damages the light cover and the chrome gti badge....do you reakon the insurance will pay out to replace those too?
Golf GTI Edition 30 Steel Grey 3dr

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »
Thats really bad. It's just jealously who ever did it can't afford to or own a car like yours so they've got to ruin it for you. I've had a lot of problems the past 2 years since owning my GTi (Stealing the badges/Trying to nick the wheels!!).

I think in this day and age everyone can expect their car to be damaged/broken into/stolen at somepoint whether its parked in public or on your drive. A few weeks ago a load of cars where me mate lives where spray painted with swear words and pictures of male genitalia.  :sick:

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 06:49:15 pm »

PS - if you look at the picture of the boot, the scratch damages the light cover and the chrome gti badge....do you reakon the insurance will pay out to replace those too?

Completely mindless.   I don't understand why someone would have so little respect for someone else's expensive property so as to want to wreck it.
The insurance would pay out to return the car to original condition including light clusters and badges.
I can recommend a good paintshop in South Yardley which I've used before if you wanted to use them to get a quote if you're considering paying for it yourself.
Maybe ring your local VW dealer and ask them which bodyshop they use for approved repairs.
Hope you get it sorted mate.  

Offline scott84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:21 pm »
Arseholes!!!! Had it done to my last car but just one side.....hate parking up and leaving mine now!!!!  :sad1:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »
If it's OEM then yes without question. If you've added it and it's listed on the policy, then yes. If it's not declared, youre out of luck.

I just read back my first post, I hope I didnt come across too hard hearted - it is bl00dy awful, but I made a conscious effort not to let it get too me. I can afford a nice car, they can't. The car can be put right. They will always be low-life scum and will get their comeuppance sooner or later. Fortunately, is doesnt happen that often.

All the best sorting it. And make sure you push to use a VW body shop. That way, all the corrosion warranty to properly covered and they know the car a lot better than your average pikey insurance bodyshop. The guy that did the insurance quote for my insurance co. was a complete cowboy. Who ever attacked my car obviously gave it a good kicking too. Glass was hanging out the wing mirror, chrome plinth was dented and cracked. Insurance body shop talked about gluing the glass back in and I'm sure he was looking for a way to bodge the chrome grill too. VW picked up every little imperfection without any prompting. They even replaced the front wing because the kick had buckled it - the other guy didnt even notice.

Quote was double from VW but you pay the same excess regardless of where it goes, so insist on VW. There is extra leg work in it for you, as you need to submit the VW quote your self, but worth it in my mind.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 06:59:37 pm »
I can only echo what people have already said. Really feel for you. :sad1:

Makes me sick and if I caught someone doing this to my car, no-one would be able to restrain me from doing it to them. I've had it done to my old diesel one twice and it just made my blood boil!! :fighting:
Golf R gone.

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:03 pm »

Yes they will, have too, mine damage a sticker on my sill and a scratch on my light, all of which were replaced ;)

If I could do it again I wouldn't of gone through them mate!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:09:32 pm »
That knocks me sick!! Some little scum bag oxygen thief who should have been an abortion is either jealous and / or  has no respect for other people's property  :fighting:

I hope you get it sorted mate, my only concern is that once you've got it all sorted, it will be targeted again... :sad1:

Rich

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »

Yes they will, have too, mine damage a sticker on my sill and a scratch on my light, all of which were replaced ;)

If I could do it again I wouldn't of gone through them mate!

Why not?
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline goranot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:51 pm »
Thats really saddening..utter morons..worst thing is you spend so much money and get it sorted and it's repeated some months down the road..

what do you do? Its unfortunate that the society we live in has such utter imbecile scumbags who can't respect other peoples hard earned valuables..

Its happened know and although heart wrenching just concentrate on finding a very good workshop and get it restored as to how it was and enjoy it..

TC

Offline GEE

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:58 pm »
thanks to everyone for your posts....its good to know there are people in the world who have some morals and can relate.

@Animal....no your post didn't appear too harsh...its true what you said. yes i am gutted and upset but I am not gonna let it cause me to be filled with hatred and revenge... gotta just get it repaired and move on...... if i ever saw anyone key another car i would'nt just ignore it and walk off.... i would make sure justice was done. 

thanks for advice JJ about place...i am gonna try the VW approved place in Perry Bar and see what they say...

its good to know they will replace the chrome badge and the light housing too.
Golf GTI Edition 30 Steel Grey 3dr

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 07:38:13 pm »
Absolutely gutted for you :sad1:

My car got done last year, and my previous car was done 3 times.
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline adamf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 07:39:45 pm »
dirty scumbags. its harsh mate. feel for you. cant  believe they went round the whole car in broad daylight...

Offline goranot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:37 pm »
thanks to everyone for your posts....its good to know there are people in the world who have some morals and can relate.

@Animal....no your post didn't appear too harsh...its true what you said. yes i am gutted and upset but I am not gonna let it cause me to be filled with hatred and revenge... gotta just get it repaired and move on...... if i ever saw anyone key another car i would'nt just ignore it and walk off.... i would make sure justice was done. 

thanks for advice JJ about place...i am gonna try the VW approved place in Perry Bar and see what they say...

its good to know they will replace the chrome badge and the light housing too.

Which place is that? Clarke and Evans?  if you aren't going through Insurance give me a call as know the estimator pretty well and when ur over this end pop over for some tea/coffee I'm only 5 mins from them

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
Sorry to see this happen to your car  :sad1:

Hopefully you get it sorted soon  :smiley:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!