Make a donation

Author Topic: Jailbreak Iphone?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
Jailbreak Iphone?
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:34:31 pm »
So was thinking of doing it on my iphone4... they have released the 4.3.3 jailbreak.. im in two minds.

wondered if anyone had done it and had any issues??? should i bother :\

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: Jailbreak Iphone?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »
The only issue I have found is that all the apps you get from imstallous after the jailbreak wont sync with iTunes. So everytime you sync your phone, you will have to download or install them again. If you select don't delete after install option in installous. You will only have to install them again. It's a pain if you ask me, so I wouldn't jailbreak it again if your phone is working ok. All themes still stay the same though. But my phone had a habit of turning off randomly with the older firmwAre. But with new jailbreak I haven't had any issues

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »
HEAVYD you need to get hold of the latest Appsync :)

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:06:20 pm »
Yea. Thought I had heard if something which syncs them

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:19 pm »
well I removed appsync and installous, reinstalled them, and itunes wiped the programs off again :stupid:

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »
When you plug the iphOne in make sure the 'manage files manually' box is ticked so it doesn't automatically do it's own thing! Then right click on the iPhone n the side bar and select 'transfer purchases' this should see you right as app sync always works Providing you have app sync 4.0 I think it is and not the earlier versions!

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »
I have an iPhone 3G on 4.3.3 to Jailbreak, what software are people using? I usually use Green Poison but I don't think they cover the 4.3.3 firmware yet?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »
I did the jailbreak again but with redsnow instead of snowbreeze. As long as you click transfer purchases from iPhone before it is synced it all works fine now. I always buy the apps if I like them anyway. I don't think I would even jailbreak the phone if they made it more customisable!

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:54:43 am »
I have an iPhone 3G on 4.3.3 to Jailbreak, what software are people using? I usually use Green Poison but I don't think they cover the 4.3.3 firmware yet?

Green Poison doesnt work on 4.3.3 as far as I know. Redsnow is the best for the latest Jailbreak. It is a bit more fiddly but there are plently of tutorials on the web...

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:12 am »

I thought the iphone 3G couldnt go to 4.3.3? Do you mean 3GS?

I always leave my phone a few firmwares down as there is always an issue for a month or two. Im running 4.2.1 still and its all good. Im probably going to leave it now as my upgrade is in a few weeks, and looking at the iPhone 5 reports we wont see it until late this year or early 2012, so white iPhone 4 for me on IOS 5 hopefully (if they jailbreak it!)

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:37:24 am »
The only issue I have found is that all the apps you get from imstallous after the jailbreak wont sync with iTunes. So everytime you sync your phone, you will have to download or install them again. If you select don't delete after install option in installous. You will only have to install them again. It's a pain if you ask me, so I wouldn't jailbreak it again if your phone is working ok. All themes still stay the same though. But my phone had a habit of turning off randomly with the older firmwAre. But with new jailbreak I haven't had any issues

Go onto Cydia and download AppSync this will stop this from happening!

All my iDevices are JB never had a problem ;)
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »
I know about appsync, I've been jailbreaking iphones long enough to know what it is mate :wink:
All I know is that snowbreeze on 4.3.2, even with appsync on, when syncing, deleted any installous apps. I updated to 4.3.3 and jailbroke it with redsnow and have had no issues since.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:47:26 am »
I know about appsync, I've been jailbreaking iphones long enough to know what it is mate :wink:
All I know is that snowbreeze on 4.3.2, even with appsync on, when syncing, deleted any installous apps. I updated to 4.3.3 and jailbroke it with redsnow and have had no issues since.

My iPad is running 4.3.2 jailbroken and no issues with syncing apps. A guy at work though had this issue on his iPhone and i jailbroke it for him, same as mine; 3GS. Maybe its just an odd issue on some phones? He got so annoyed he is running it normal now as he had the issue on 4.3.3.

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »
Sorry for not being a techno wiz kid, but what does jailbreak mean? What does it do to your iPhone?
R32

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »