Make a donation

Author Topic: Little Daves GTI - BIG brakes have landed  (Read 30984 times)

Offline nutty600

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Little Daves GTI
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:11:33 pm »
Looks ace, loving the 9j on the back! If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the wheels from and for how much?
Pm me if you prefer!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »
Looks ace, loving the 9j on the back! If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the wheels from and for how much?
Pm me if you prefer!

Thanks mate  :smiley:

Got the wheels from R-tec in st albans back last may, can't remember the exact price as i got them in a deal with tyres and suspension  :wink: it should be a bit cheaper now tho as they got the rears made in blanks and then had to drill them for my car

Dave

Offline nutty600

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:43 am »
Pm me if you prefer!

Thanks mate  :smiley:

Got the wheels from R-tec in st albans back last may, can't remember the exact price as i got them in a deal with tyres and suspension  :wink: it should be a bit cheaper now tho as they got the rears made in blanks and then had to drill them for my car

Dave
Cheers man! Also what offset are they? ET35 all round?

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:30 pm »
Tbh I'm not 100% I know it's low 30s.... Give them a call to double check or check out the calibre website for the specs, it is low for a mk5  :laugh:

Dave

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:52 am »
Finally got my WALK in the post today after a bit of a delay along with some W0503 front control arm bushes  :party:

Can't wait to get these fitted and go find some nice twisty roads to try them out  :driver:

Dave

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »
Got the WALK and W0503 front bushes fitted today along with the powerflex dog bone insert and at first didn't think it had made much of a difference until i looked down at the speedo to see the extra speed i was carrying into corners  :driver: definitely feels alot tighter all round now and seems to hug the road even more than before  :smiley:

I was loosing my nerve before the car was understeering when i pushed the car some more to test it out

Gear changes feel more positive too so looks like the insert has done its job or might just be in my head  :signLOL:

Had some ECS sub frame bolts and spacers put on too as last time when i had some other work done they noticed i had a 1/4 turn in the bolts so did this incase they had stretched slightly  :happy2:

Dave

Offline deano65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:29 am »
Hi mate,

liking your car ,i have a black three door myself that i have had two weeks and have noticed lower part of my back bumper is colour coded, one less thing to do..i am after similar wheels to yours as they really set the car off..yours looks wicked.. :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »
Hi mate,

liking your car ,i have a black three door myself that i have had two weeks and have noticed lower part of my back bumper is colour coded, one less thing to do..i am after similar wheels to yours as they really set the car off..yours looks wicked.. :happy2:

Thanks mate :smiley: always loved the old bbs style wheels on older golfs and I'm happy how it's turned out

Result with your rear valance being already painted more money to spend on other bits and pieces  :happy2:

Dave

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 06:56:54 pm »
Not really done much to my car in recent months apart from enjoying driving it  :driver:

But had been looking at getting a mk6 GTI steering wheel and fortunately Omeydz was selling a Scirocco R wheel with the black inserts, steering controller and everything needed to supply and fit  :party:

Before my drive to Omar this morning

Before i set off home after having everything fitted and coded

Really happy with the difference it makes to my interior and driving experience and can't recommend Omar enough  :drinking: top bloke

Dave

Dsg steel

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »
Your car in and out looks really good mate

Need to get this steering wheel

If you don't mind me aking how much would I be looking for everything fitted and coded

Billy

Offline Superted74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:29 am »
Like that a lot, very subtle changes but make the world of difference :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 02:34:45 pm »
Your car in and out looks really good mate

Need to get this steering wheel

If you don't mind me aking how much would I be looking for everything fitted and coded

Billy

Thanks mate :smiley:

Prices vary depending on how much extra's you need apart from the wheel itself i.e. air bag, steering controller module, slip ring, cruise stalk, fitting and coding etc only once you know what you'll need will you get an idea of the total cost but £500ish would be a rough idea

Dave

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »
Like that a lot, very subtle changes but make the world of difference :happy2:

Thanks  :drinking:

Possibly looking at Highline and maybe xenon's next  :signLOL: really need to stop coming on here and you lot giving me ideas  :stupid:

Dave

Dsg steel

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »
Thanks dave :happy2:

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »
Xenons are a must, i have only recently got them and i wont be turning back. Highline is a good thing to have aswell. Will work great with your new toy  :wink: