Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitted the new wheels :)  (Read 5295 times)

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: Fitted the new wheels :)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 06:51:55 am »
There in the garage under a blanket, when it comes to winter their going back on to save the faces and when it gets sold the 17's are going with the car, and their always there in case of an emergency.

Luke

I promised myself I would do that but did,nt get round to it.I,m blaming climate change.... Hey if you have a Lidl near you,they are selling wheel stands for £19...

Looks a lot better dude,nice choice  :happy2:

Gulf

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 08:02:17 am »
Looks  8) 8)
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 07:32:59 pm »
There in the garage under a blanket, when it comes to winter their going back on to save the faces and when it gets sold the 17's are going with the car, and their always there in case of an emergency.

Luke

I promised myself I would do that but did,nt get round to it.I,m blaming climate change.... Hey if you have a Lidl near you,they are selling wheel stands for £19...

Looks a lot better dude,nice choice  :happy2:

Gulf

There's one just up the road and for that price you cant go wrong. Cheers for the heads up pal, much appreciated.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 11:14:27 pm »
looks miles better mate, vast improvement

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 12:39:35 pm »
Looks great, what a difference the dark finish inside the wheels makes - they look huge compared to 17"s

What's the going rate for Monza IIs with/without tyres? If the right car comes up with only 17"s, this mod is high up on my list.

Also, you say it's improved the ride - are the tyres the same brand as the 17" ones? What did you put on the 18"s in terms of width/profile?

Does it feel any slower off the mark with larger wheels?

And does anyone know if there are any VCDS settings that need to be changed when you change wheels i.e. Speedo settings etc. or are they effectively the same overall size as the 17" wheels just with lower profile tyres?

Sorry for all the questions... I'd just like to know and this seemed as good a time as any to ask  :ashamed:
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 01:16:03 pm »
No idea on prices but the rolling radius will remain the same so no need for alterations to the speedo etc.
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:09 pm »
Looks great, what a difference the dark finish inside the wheels makes - they look huge compared to 17"s

What's the going rate for Monza IIs with/without tyres? If the right car comes up with only 17"s, this mod is high up on my list.

Also, you say it's improved the ride - are the tyres the same brand as the 17" ones? What did you put on the 18"s in terms of width/profile?

Does it feel any slower off the mark with larger wheels?

And does anyone know if there are any VCDS settings that need to be changed when you change wheels i.e. Speedo settings etc. or are they effectively the same overall size as the 17" wheels just with lower profile tyres?

Sorry for all the questions... I'd just like to know and this seemed as good a time as any to ask  :ashamed:

You can pay up to 800 squid for mint Monz'as as they are very rare, most have some curbage or white worm. even if you buy a damaged set for £350 you are looking at  about 400 for a refurb of all four so that takes back up to 800ish.  :chicken: