Make a donation

Author Topic: Ipad2 Vs Motorola Xoom Vs Samsung Galaxy Tab  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Ipad2 Vs Motorola Xoom Vs Samsung Galaxy Tab
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 12:24:00 pm »
I hate Android with a passion. Its a pita pos. Ok if you want to play with your OS every day, but the stability of it is just a joke.

Having lived with an Android phone for a few months, i cant wait to upgrade to the iPhone 4s/5 in September. I originally sold our iPhone 4's thinking that we could pocket £1k and be reasonably happy with a similar phone. How wrong was i.

iOS just works, and does things nicely and cleanly. Ill never bother with another Android device again.

A colleague has an Android tablet and he thinks its great. It looks slugish, unresponsive and ugly.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:26:49 pm by Deako »

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 01:50:15 pm »
I hate Android with a passion. Its a pita pos. Ok if you want to play with your OS every day, but the stability of it is just a joke.

Having lived with an Android phone for a few months, i cant wait to upgrade to the iPhone 4s/5 in September. I originally sold our iPhone 4's thinking that we could pocket £1k and be reasonably happy with a similar phone. How wrong was i.

iOS just works, and does things nicely and cleanly. Ill never bother with another Android device again.

A colleague has an Android tablet and he thinks its great. It looks slugish, unresponsive and ugly.

Nothing sluggish about Honeycomb on Android tablets, why are the icons on the iPad so spaced out when there is so much space on the display  :confused:

Apple needs to sort out notifications on IOS so they are not so in you face when you are trying to use an app

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »
The Galaxy tab on your comparison on the last page is outdated as its the older Galaxy model, not the one thats going to be released.
A part review of it can be found here

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/17/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-limited-edition-review/

I've also been pondering the exact same thing as you and have decided i'm going to go for an Android tablet, most likely the Samsung one.
The WiFi model apparently does not have an SDCard slot, however the rumour is that the 3G model will have. Its meant to be released in the US in a couple of weeks time so will soon find out.
I'm hoping it will either have an SDCard slot or an adpater for the docking port on the bottom - as i also want the ability to use it to download snaps from my DSLR when out or on hols etc without having to lug around a laptop to empty its card on to.
Ant

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 02:16:24 pm »

And what tablet was he using? My money is that its one using version 2 of android and not HoneyComb, or better yet, just a cheap crappy thing that has been put out there to get to people wanting something cheap. Remember that the cheapy Android tabs that have been put out there you could probably own 4,5 or even 6 times over for the price of an iPad - are they really 4 5 or 6 times better.... i doubt it

One thing i love about Android are the widgets - why iOS hasnt seen the huge benefits of such a thing is beyond me as they usually seem quite on the ball
Ant

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 02:21:16 pm »
iOS 5 to be previewed at WWDC should be redesigned to incorporate better notification systems. They employed people specifically to work on notifications last year.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 10:15:11 pm »
i might just hold out a little longer and see what the new versions are like.  Just bought a new road bike, so need to keep the heat off me from the wife for a couple weeks lol

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »
Hold on a for the new blackberry tablet, should be out soon and looks the business, some shops in london have already got us imports in but not cheap.

You also have the sony options coming out later this year  :happy2:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline SMOG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 08:09:51 pm »
I was on the lookout for an Android tablet, but couldn't find anything decent under £300. There's a lot of cheap crap out there, as people have said. I wouldn't consider anything other than 3.0 Honeycomb on a tablet. You want decent hardware, but that's no good without the right software to get the best out of the hardware.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone, it was running 2.1 Eclair and it drove me crazy - buggy and laggy as hell. It would switch itself off for no reason!! Since I updated to 2.3 Gingerbread it's a completely different phone, zippy no lag issues or freezes. All due to OS software update.

browncharlie

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »
I think if you want under £300 then you have to wait for some time. Motorola xoom and ipad are costly few day ago i see some advertisement of motorola xoom at £450 in US and motorola xoom at £700 in Germany i am also waiting for blackberry and samsung tabs they might be get at affordable price.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »

Nothing sluggish about Honeycomb on Android tablets, why are the icons on the iPad so spaced out when there is so much space on the display  :confused:

Apple needs to sort out notifications on IOS so they are not so in you face when you are trying to use an app

Everything everyone has said as a negative is easily fixable with a jailbreak (around 10 secs to do)

Also i would rather have spaced out icons and full sized apps  :wink:

Limited apps designed for the huge display of the Xoom, most Android apps still expect a phone sized screen