Make a donation

Author Topic: My new gti/build thread, USA parts,H&R coilovers,Recaro bucket seats,Super RS's  (Read 69064 times)

Offline Cij84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: My new gti / build thread USA parts page 4
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 01:00:10 pm »
get your engine bay cleaned  :P

Now its clean!

Looks a million times better mate!!

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 01:34:37 pm »
Great job on cleaning the bay, what did you end up using? did you pressure wash/steam clean or just wipe down everything with a particular product  :happy2:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »
Great job on cleaning the bay, what did you end up using? did you pressure wash/steam clean or just wipe down everything with a particular product  :happy2:

I used deb traffic film remover sprayed it on left to soak for a while and just hosed it off I removed the airfilter so it didn't get wet and covered the air intake up with a plastic bag and a rubber band so the inlet pipe stayed dry
Then air lined it all off, paying extra attention to coil packs etc run the engine till it was all bone dry and dressed the bay with concept PVC sheen
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »
Its been a while but these arrived today H&R Street Performance SS Coil Overs i will write up a review once there fitted and ive tried them out!

they have koni adjustable inserts and the fronts are stainless steel

I should be fitting these saturday i cant wait

Big thanks to http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/ Graeme suppied these and was by far the cheapest of everyone!! very friendly helpful service thanks again mate

here is his profile http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3336
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:17:38 pm by higher1 »
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Paullie773

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Re: My new gti / build thread, USA parts page 4, H&R coilovers
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »
Car looks awesome Fella, the wheels are absolutely stunning!  :drool:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »
Car looks awesome Fella, the wheels are absolutely stunning!  :drool:

Thx fella I fitted the coilovers today so sits alot nicer on the wheels

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »
Heres some new photos of the coilovers (a review to follow shortly as well) and some photos from early edition38

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:54:00 pm by higher1 »

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
They look immense!!! Whats the ride like?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
They look immense!!! Whats the ride like?

They ride awesome very planted and firm not harsh there pricey but sooooo worth spending the extra money and no rub at all and i run some aggressive wheels

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Car looks ace mate.

Can I ask if you had any problems with the Xenon light levelling system? I've a Jetta with xenon lights and I'd like it lowererd like yours!

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Car looks ace mate.

Can I ask if you had any problems with the Xenon light levelling system? I've a Jetta with xenon lights and I'd like it lowererd like yours!

Hi ive had no problems with the light leveling system it all works fine just remember to disconect the little arms while changing over the suspension

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Car looks ace mate.

Hi ive had no problems with the light leveling system it all works fine just remember to disconect the little arms while changing over the suspension

Nice one, thanks for taking the time to reply  :happy2:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Car looks ace mate.

Nice one, thanks for taking the time to reply  :happy2:

no worries what coilovers are you going for ?

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

no worries what coilovers are you going for ?

I'm not sure yet but I'd like to go for some quality gear like yours......................

If I can afford it  :laugh:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Three of us went to dub mania today it was very wet pretty cold and windy, ive never been to this show before so cant compare it to previous years but the setting is great and had the weather been better im sure the turn out would have been good.

We all had a great day though heres some pics of mine in the show and shine

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo