Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello ... and thanks!  (Read 1285 times)

Offline SMOG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Hello ... and thanks!
« on: May 20, 2011, 08:06:34 am »
I started lurking when I was looking to trade-in my trusty Audi S3 after 8 years of good service. I was deciding between an early mk5 GTI or A3 2.0T Quattro. After reading numerous reviews and forums there was only one choice - and I've been an owner for 3 weeks now. It's an '05 plate in good nick, has a somewhat confusing spec - I think it has some 'packs' - winter and comfort/luxury? Not exactly sure. It's not the colour I wanted, but I'm hoping it will grow on me.

This is my third GTI having previously owned a mk3 16v for 3 years, and a mk4 Turbo (which underwhelmed me so much I traded it in for the S3 after a few months). Sadly, there's been a few small issues with the mk5, but I'm comforted to know I will have a great car once I get them sorted.

This forum has been a great resource - I've learnt about problems to look out for with early models; deciphered the Longlife or T&D service muddle; and found out about the coil pack recall (car booked in at stealer end of month). So just wanted to say 'Hi', great site, and big thanks to all.  :happy2:

Offline skilab

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Hello ... and thanks!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:11:23 am »
Welcome - like you a newbie to the site and impressed with the amount of info.

I have a tdi 170 and am toying with the idea of a few mods - loads of good stuff flying around to purchase.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:02:59 am »
Wellcome, and we are looking forward for you to be a part of this excellent forum  :happy2:  :drinking:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:46:01 am »
Welcome looks to be a nice car, just from the photo you seem to have winter pack you also dont have the roof aerial so it will be a MY05 car which would have had some things as standard like 3 lights in roof lining and rear lights as well as footwell lights as standard bluetinted glass and you will have some nicer items inside like metal ashtray if they had the arm rest specced etc, probably why your finding it difficult the determine the spec and options as it changed quite a lot through the life cycle of the MK5  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline SMOG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm also 'toying' with the idea of some mods. First on list is iPod / aux input - I'm working out my options. Next up will be doing something about that black plastic rear bumper! I didn't think it would bother me but there's a grey mk5 1.6 just up the road and it looks identical from the rear. I'm also looking at ED30/R32/aftermarket rear lenses.

Then maybe chipping it for more a bit more grunt… budget allowing.

Richn83, you are spot-on, it has everything you mentioned. Next you'll be telling me what CD I've got in the player!!

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 10:35:02 am »
Welcome to the forum  :pomppomp:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline j8ekt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:30:10 am »
Welcome to the forum :happy2:
CW Edition 30

Offline Moschops