Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise control, car says no!  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Megy_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Cruise control, car says no!
« on: May 21, 2011, 01:27:37 pm »
Hi all, I am after any help that anyone may be able to offer in order to get my cruise control to work on my car.

The background:

The car is an 07 GTi Edition 30 DSG with NON cruise indicator stalk.

I bought a cruise control stalk, part number is 1k0953513g9b9 and have been informed that this is the correct part number, after the first fit I have a second stalk in case it was a faulty stalk.

The stalk has been fitted (by Scott - Golfman) and the car has had the engine and the steering control module coded to enable cruise on the car.

BUT, the cruise control doesnt work.

I am driving and turn the cruise control on, the light comes on in the speed dial to indicate that cruise is active, the 2 rocker switches then have no effect.

Viewing the switch indicators using VCDS I notice that the rocker switch seems to send the signal into a different selection than when VCDS was viewing Scotts cruise switches.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a cruise fit, and if so, what did you do to fix it.

I am hoping that Scott will be able to post up some of the more technical information regarding the fit and coding.

Thanks all for any assistance.

Ian
07 Plate GTi ED30 DSG - Grey - Standard (but not for long)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Cruise control, car says no!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 01:43:53 pm »
Hi
Sorry to hear that it has not worked today

I can only asume the control module is faulty or the wire to the engine has been damaged.
It would have been good if you had tried Scott's module in your car to try and rule out either the Module or the wire

Your controller

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 AQ    HW: 1K0 953 549 AQ
   Component: J0527           638 0070 
   Coding: 0012142
   Shop #: WSC 01279 785 00200
   VCID: 8127D643A199

Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
   Component: E0221           002 0010

No fault code found.

Engine Long coding ticked and is correct

Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »
I can't really add much more than what ian has already put
Had another very frustrating day again,another stalk fitted but just the same,coded with all different options but just would not work :sad1:
2 options like Ed says either the steering control module or the wire is damaged!!!
the module has obviously been off before i touched it first time as there was no yellow sticker on it

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Megy_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »
Hi
Sorry to hear that it has not worked today

I can only asume the control module is faulty or the wire to the engine has been damaged.
It would have been good if you had tried Scott's module in your car to try and rule out either the Module or the wire

Your controller

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 AQ    HW: 1K0 953 549 AQ
   Component: J0527           638 0070 
   Coding: 0012142
   Shop #: WSC 01279 785 00200
   VCID: 8127D643A199

Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
   Component: E0221           002 0010

No fault code found.

Engine Long coding ticked and is correct

Thanks for your help last week Eddie, and I agree, definately a shame it didnt work.  It would have been good to have tried Scotts in mine, and mine in his etc, although I suspect it will be the controller, doubt it will be the wire as it switches on/off and the switch selections show.  Dont suppose you have a price for the relevant controller?

I will be speaking to the dealer re a warranty claim, but they are not sure it will go through, as cruise control isnt the standard on my car, even though its the control module thats more than likely the problem part, which is standard.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:50:07 pm »
Just take the car in, say the cruise is not working and you want them to fix it under warranty.
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »
Thanks also today to vRSTu and bob for trying to help too :happy2:

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Megy_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:41 pm »
Thanks also today to vRSTu and bob for trying to help too :happy2:

scott

Agreed, and also the other guy from last week.

I think I am going to try the warranty route, can but try.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:29 am »
They will know from the option codes on the car that it wasn't specced from new therefore not covered under warranty.

I had a non functioning cc 3 years ago when I bought my car. I took it to a4audi in Glasgow, talked to a guy there called Andy, and within 5 mins of hooking up a laptop he changed some zero to a one in the long coding and it worked.
Foc, they now have a customer for life.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 08:17:15 am »
Not all dealers look at things like that.

I'm quite sure that Scott did tried as many variation of coding as were possible

Btw. The long coding is correct

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 01:43:48 pm »

the module has obviously been off before i touched it first time as there was no yellow sticker on it

scott

Not all Steering controllers have the yellow stickers, in fact I think more don't than do.

As I explained on the phone yesterday by looking at the MBV in the ECU you can tell if the functions of the stalk are being correctly received at the ECU.  This should help to diagnose the steering controller and the connections to the ECU.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

LIVE IN HOPE

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 06:17:41 pm »
Hi all, I am after any help that anyone may be able to offer in order to get my cruise control to work on my car.

The background:

The car is an 07 GTi Edition 30 DSG with NON cruise indicator stalk.

I bought a cruise control stalk, part number is 1k0953513g9b9 and have been informed that this is the correct part number, after the first fit I have a second stalk in case it was a faulty stalk.

The stalk has been fitted (by Scott - Golfman) and the car has had the engine and the steering control module coded to enable cruise on the car.

BUT, the cruise control doesnt work.

I am driving and turn the cruise control on, the light comes on in the speed dial to indicate that cruise is active, the 2 rocker switches then have no effect.

Viewing the switch indicators using VCDS I notice that the rocker switch seems to send the signal into a different selection than when VCDS was viewing Scotts cruise switches.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a cruise fit, and if so, what did you do to fix it.

I am hoping that Scott will be able to post up some of the more technical information regarding the fit and coding.

Thanks all for any assistance.

Ian

Sorry to crash your thread but if you want to sell one of your stalks (a working one :happy2:) i have a touran with random indicators! so need a new stalk.
Also could any of you guys point me in the direction of getting the cowling off? and do you need to remove the steering wheel to change switch?

Would really appreciate any help you guys can give on this problem, and once again sorry for crashing the thread but im desperate!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:29:47 pm by LIVE IN HOPE »

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07:07 pm »
Just a straight non cruise indicator/light stalk?  I have one (from my old Ed 30 57 plate) you can have for a small donation to the forum fund and postage (postage around £3).

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:16:40 pm by QD »

LIVE IN HOPE

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 08:46:50 pm »
Just a straight non cruise indicator/light stalk?  I have one (from my old Ed 30 57 plate) you can have for a small donation to the forum fund and postage (postage around £3).

HI, thanks for the offer but i need a cruise stalk.