Make a donation

Author Topic: How to change/remove handbrake  (Read 4165 times)

H_Scott11

How to change/remove handbrake
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:25:45 pm »
My handbrake has become warn and scratched significantly. I want to buy a new handbrake but have no idea how to remove it and what sort of handbrake to buy to replace it. All i want is to literally change the visible part of the handbrake

Any help would be great thanks

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: How to change/remove handbrake
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:50:51 pm »
Hi and welcome.
If you pull the handle up and look at its underside you'll see a split/tab thingy. Put a flat point screwdriver into this and gently lever the tab towards the car floor whilst pulling the handbrake grip towards the front of the car. Keep it under control or you might tw@t your HU!
As for choice of fitments, suggest e bay, forum for sale boards etc.
Regards,
John

H_Scott11

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:25:30 pm »
Thankyou very much! Extremely helpful :)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26:57 am »
Part number for replacement will be on the inside of the plastic trim its a pita to read, my advice would be to check how much a new one is from the stealers to set a maximum budget before going on ebay as the potential to spend over the odds on second hand can be difficult!  :rolleye:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.