Make a donation

Author Topic: MFSW controls and should they operate radio functions  (Read 2589 times)

Offline inkyholman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MFSW controls and should they operate radio functions
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:11:23 pm »
Hi, can anyone help me with what functions the mfsw will operate in radio setting?
I recently brought an ED30 with high line and rcd310 but have only been able to control volume even with radio displayed on the highline.
Ive taken it back to the steelers who informed me it will only control volume and not preset or track skip.
I then contacted other dealers with mixed opinions and even vw uk gave me to conflicting answers.
Any help or info from you guys would be greatfully appreciated
/Users/smithm/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/12 Dec 2010/IMG_0935.JPG

Offline barratt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
Re: MFSW controls and should they operate radio functions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:31 pm »
From what I understand when you are on the AUDIO menu you should be able to press the up and down arrows to skip tracks. I have the same issue as you and after doing a bit of reading it appears that there is possibly a selection in vagcom you have to enable for it to work in some cases. However, I'm just reading from others and have no true knowledge of this. Hopefully someone who does chimes in !
MK5 1.9 TDI BXE - AET Turbo's Remap - 140hp/325nm - GTTDI Leathers - GTI Headlights - R32 Rear lights - HEX+CAN VCDS

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:41:21 pm »
I may be wrong on this but from what I understand it all depends on what dashboard you have, e.g. midline or highline. If you have the highline dash you can change the channel on the radio by going to radio on the dash then confirming by pressing O/K, this takes you into the radio menu where if you press the up or down arrows the station will change, same with media. Not sure what happens with the midline dash but I’m sure someone will be along soon to help.  :happy2:

Offline inkyholman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:20 pm »
Been chasing this problem for a while with a few forums and quite a few phone calls to stealers with a 50/50 spit. vw uk phoned me today informing me it should operate track and presets and they would call my local agent to get it corrected, then called me back ten mins later saying they had spoken to there technical department and the mfsw only works volume?? :signLOL:

Found this but dont have access to vcds, http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?697-Multi-Function-Steering-wheel-problem/page2

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 11:49:36 pm »
When you put a CD in, and you go to 'AUDIO' on the highline dash.

The up / down skips tracks
Holding up / down rewinds/forwards

In radio mode

The up / down selects radio preset stations

Find someone local with VCDS and they will enable it for you, saves you going to VW.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 10:13:14 am »
You need the short press button bit coding as in the link, if you look on the VCDS register and find someone close by to check the coding for you.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline inkyholman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:38:41 pm »
when audio selected on the highline the right hand up & down keys do nothing with cd or radio.

Didnt know there was a register for VCD owners, see who can help me in the sussex area failing that its back to vw.
Not sure how i can get VW to sort if there isnt anyone local, they just dont seem interested in doing it.
Cheers for your help.