Make a donation

Author Topic: Not convinced my Ed30 GIAC Map is as it should be  (Read 21373 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Not convinced my Ed30 GIAC Map is as it should be
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:30 pm »
Exactly my thoughts... I have 2 local REVO dealers so have plenty of choice there and both within 10 miles... hence can easily resolve any issues easily, if they arise.  A pain in the Butt tho as I already splashed out £466 in the GIAC
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

h4rdy

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:25 pm »
Where are you Chris, if you do change then it would be a good idea to get some feedback as to the best one?

A lot of people are happy with GIAC but its just a shame the tuner is so far away.

The thing is, he should have logged it properly so it kind of does fall on him.

Would it fall under the 'goods not as described' banner?

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:44 pm »
But was it not pulling even with PDT's map on? Is it the map that's causing this?

Diesel Daily Hack.

h4rdy

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »
But was it not pulling even with PDT's map on? Is it the map that's causing this?

Yes apparently but what I am saying is the Tuner should have logged it properly, if he had he would have known about the massive pull and known something was wrong.

What I am saying is that a local Tuner may be better for Chris.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2011, 02:43:38 pm »
You can always try PDTs own software if you dont want to splash out on the £££££'s.
If you want to know what its like on an ED30, I can always flash my car back to the PDTuning software if you want to see what its like

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2011, 04:24:10 pm »
Cheers guys - I agree with you about the GIAC situation... however I think it would be a losing battle fought at long distance... as I have no evidence to prove it was not right at the time I left Star Performance and the time and effort to get up and down the road would be considerable.  My car was pulling with the REVO trial map on as well, but all was good apparently with the stock map... although Dave didn't record this, but the out put was what it should be so have no reason to doubt him.

Star Perf suggested changing the plugs [done] and the coil packs... which dave has said he would do for free for testing purposes.... so my next plan is to have some full data logging tomorrow lunch time at Tiple H Motorsport (REVO Dealer), purely becuase they are literally 5 mins away from work, and the if all is well head to PDT for a REVO stage 1.

So I will have wasted £466 but my plan when I bought the car in April was to have it mapped... as coming from a 350Z the stock Ed30 would have been too slow ;-)
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

h4rdy

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »
as coming from a 350Z the stock Ed30 would have been too slow ;-)

:stupid:

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »
Absolutely mate.... the Zed was faster all round mate, plus it cornered much better.. anyway I went for the ed30 with plans to bump it's performance so that's still my plan
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

h4rdy

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2011, 10:52:35 pm »
 :P

Offline robdf2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2011, 01:33:10 pm »
These engines are very prone to engine knock , mines been doing it for the last 3 years and i still have no idea whats causing it , what made things worse is the dealers have no idea when you present them with hours of logging showing your timing pull.
I changed plugs and coil packs but they did not make any difference at all.
i have a new cam positioning sensor to go on to try just incase mines on its way out.
2008 Chrono yellow Cupra

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »
any further update to this problem? or has a resolution been reached?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2011, 04:52:18 pm »
These engines are very prone to engine knock , mines been doing it for the last 3 years and i still have no idea whats causing it , what made things worse is the dealers have no idea when you present them with hours of logging showing your timing pull.
i have a new cam positioning sensor to go on to try just incase mines on its way out.
Talking about engine knock, mine is now running a stock map, timing pull peaks at 6.8 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2011, 05:35:04 pm »
 :scared: WTF is up with your car Dom.  Maybe its not the turbo then!!  Surely a turbo on its way out wouldnt cause timing pull.  is it possible to test the knock sensors,

Offline robdf2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2011, 05:43:24 pm »
Talking about engine knock, mine is now running a stock map, timing pull peaks at 6.8 :scared: :scared: :scared:

can you email me this log please Dom
2008 Chrono yellow Cupra

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2011, 05:45:53 pm »
:scared: WTF is up with your car Dom.  Maybe its not the turbo then!!  Surely a turbo on its way out wouldnt cause timing pull.  is it possible to test the knock sensors,
Thats what I would like to know, its booked in at the stealers on monday. Nearly traded it in for an S3 today, but the offered me less than I was expecting for mine :sad1:
Rob you have mail :wink: