Make a donation

Author Topic: KW V3 Settings  (Read 2832 times)

Offline lee_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
KW V3 Settings
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:08 pm »
Anyone who's had reasonable success in setting up their V3's or 2 way adjustable competition KWs
care to share the bump/rebound settings?

Looking for a baseline to start setting mine up for road / occasional track day usage.  :driver:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: KW V3 Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »
I would leave them at the factory settings unless you know what you are doing. Setting adjustable dampers is not easy for the average Joe. I would take it to somewhere KPM who set up suspensions on a Mk5 for a living.  :happy2:

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »
Its what suits the drive to be honest too. Leave at base settings and change 1 thing at a time. drive for a while and see what you think. Makes notes as you go along is what I do

Offline lee_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I've had reasonable success setting up motorcycles for track use but never experimented with a car,
I'm guessing its a completely different ball game!

Anyone have any idea what the standard settings are, I bought the KWs second hand from a race car setup by VWR so have no
idea where to start from! I'm tempted to just leave them as they are and back them off 1 click at a time like suggested.  :smiley:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:10 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I've had reasonable success setting up motorcycles for track use but never experimented with a car,

Anyone have any idea what the standard settings are, I bought the KWs second hand from a race car setup by VWR so have no
idea where to start from! I'm tempted to just leave them as they are and back them off 1 click at a time like suggested.  :smiley:

One of awesomes selling points when sellinge the V3s was how if you ring kw they will advise you on optimum settings for different applications and different circuits around the world.  :happy2:

Then I said I'd have them and awesome didn't think to ask me how I drive or how I'd
Like it setting up, gits lol.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »

One of awesomes selling points when sellinge the V3s was how if you ring kw they will advise you on optimum settings for different applications and different circuits around the world.  :happy2:

Then I said I'd have them and awesome didn't think to ask me how I drive or how I'd
Like it setting up, gits lol.