Make a donation

Author Topic: An Act of honesty  (Read 2618 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
An Act of honesty
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »
evening folks,

was in town earlier this evening for dinner with the GF. Whilst walking back to the car, we passed a cash machine. I was yapping to the GF but could heaR the cash machine beeping. Anyway, looked over and saw notes sticking out of the dispensor and also saw the guy who had been using the cash machine about to step into a bar 50m away.
So, i dashed to the cash machine and took the money - it must have been near the time limit before the machine takes the money back and legged it to the bar. The guy was outside just finishing his cig and had one hand on the door. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he just been to the cash machine-  he gave me a confused "yeah". I just replied "you left this" and gave him back his cash. the guy looked really confused and must have thought it was a wind up and thanked me for it.

i kinda feel good about it plus i jet to Amsterdam tomorrow for the weekend so im in a pretty good mood!!

just wanted to share that with you!  :happy2:

Rich

P.S - wished i found the money on the floor though - that would have went straight into my pocket!

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
Re: An Act of honesty
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats:
Good karma there mate
Shame he didn't offer to buy you a pint  :drinking:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:41:16 pm »
Nice One fella.. :happy2:

Wish the person who was standing behind Mrs Choppers did this last weekend in Morrisons. (We've just lost her father very suddenly :sad:)

Anyway Sonia had just completed the automated checkout and also asked for cash back, took the shopping, card and receipt but forgot to take the cash out the machine...got back to the car where I was waiting and realised she'd forgot the cash, dashed back and it had gone, checked with customer services just in case the person had handed it in, but no joy. Was told to come back the following day just in case the machine took it back in, but no the barstewards behond her had pocketed it in her moment of distress.

So Rich... :drinking: Nice one fella enjoy Amsterdam...we did for my brothers stag do... :pomppomp:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:21:56 am »
Speak to the police about it. The next person behind her will be known . If the machine is on the cctv then the thief will not have any defence. Police can get the details with a dpa enquiry with the machines owner
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:41 am »
 :drool: :drool: Amsterdam I am soooo jealous  :evilgrin:

Have a great time mate, wish there were more people like you around,
 :drinking:

(RunRabbitRun take note).  :fighting:

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »
Unlike Mrs Choppers my wife did the same thing and the person behind her caught her up..It was £100 too.. Good job RICHTUNG.. you will be rewarded.

Off subject.I,m going to Amsterdam on a stag do as well.. Is it true all the <ahem> COFFEE bars are now shut to tourists? :rolleye:

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »
Unlike Mrs Choppers my wife did the same thing and the person behind her caught her up..It was £100 too.. Good job RICHTUNG.. you will be rewarded.

Off subject.I,m going to Amsterdam on a stag do as well.. Is it true all the <ahem> COFFEE bars are now shut to tourists? :rolleye:

im not sure if thats true.. alot of the revenue from the cafes would be from tourists...so it wouldnt make sense.
I believe there is a smoking ban inside public areas like over here.. so i guess the smoking just takes place in designated smoking areas outside the licensed cafes...

Rich

h4rdy

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 01:28:06 pm »

My mates just got back, he spent £1200 in a weekend, he said that its still ok to smoke de 'erb but if you blatantly use tobacco while rolling the coffee shops shout at you.

He just kept a pouch in his pocket.

He is an habitual marijuana user bless him.

They did try to ban tourists from buying/smoking but not sure if they bottled it.

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

Wish the person who was standing behind Mrs Choppers did this last weekend in Morrisons. (We've just lost her father very suddenly :sad:)

Anyway Sonia had just completed the automated checkout and also asked for cash back, took the shopping, card and receipt but forgot to take the cash out the machine...got back to the car where I was waiting and realised she'd forgot the cash, dashed back and it had gone, checked with customer services just in case the person had handed it in, but no joy. Was told to come back the following day just in case the machine took it back in, but no the barstewards behond her had pocketed it in her moment of distress.

So Rich... :drinking: Nice one fella enjoy Amsterdam...we did for my brothers stag do... :pomppomp:

Are you sure the machine didnt suck it back in? The machine is designed to pull back the money after 60seconds i think. I know because I have had that happen to me in my dopey Uni days and that was years ago. All machines have little CCTV cameras on now so you should get somewhere if you contact the bank.

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »

It was one of Morrison's automated checkouts...and the staff reckon the money was taken back in.... :fighting:

Are you sure the machine didnt suck it back in? The machine is designed to pull back the money after 60seconds i think. I know because I have had that happen to me in my dopey Uni days and that was years ago. All machines have little CCTV cameras on now so you should get somewhere if you contact the bank.
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »
Very few machines have cctv cameras on them , probably only 5%.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 06:18:51 pm »
We are off back into Morrison's tomorrow to kick up...cheers for the replies fellas and sorry to crash your post Rich... :ashamed:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 07:13:59 pm »
Yeah, they suck it back in so quick - they just couldn't be arsed counting the machine more than likely. I've had it happen with a Co-op machine and they made me fill a form in and it was credited back to me.
Sideways yo!