Make a donation

Author Topic: SteveP's New Project  (Read 254863 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: SteveP's New Project
« Reply #945 on: April 15, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »
Mainly flow and exhaust valve stuff as that will become the restriction on mine next  :smiley:

If I can find a spare head then APR can ship it to the states to have it turned into their motosport spec  :driver:

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #946 on: April 15, 2012, 06:35:07 pm »
Steve it doesn't look half as sorry as mine pal! Glad you got a bit of good news regarding the cylinder walls, means you do t need to rebore or change the block at least. :happy2:

Offline Obese

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #947 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:45 pm »
Its a never ending when you up the power as you always find the weakest point or a restriction, all part of the fun though. turning into a bit of a weapon :happy2:

Regarding your airbags and seat sensors, have they all been coded out using vcds? i need to do it with my car but i really dont have a clue when it comes to using vcds

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #948 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »
What went wrong then ? Mapping issues ? Mine runs the same set up and has done for nearly 2 years .
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #949 on: April 15, 2012, 10:03:00 pm »
Just running too much power, I had a custom file to help test the limits :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2012, 11:00:46 pm »
Less power, more reliability - so what if some sh*tbox passes you? It isn't racing. Nobody is handing out medals. Honestly, don't get sucked into that game, that's for people with sponsors and bottomless pockets.

I'd ditch all notions of stage 47++, and stick in a K04'd lump with linear tune and be happy in the knowledge it'll do 100,000 miles with no drama.

That isn't meant to sound harsh, or anti-whoever is doing the tuning - I just think the whole point of owning a car like this is being forgotten. Just enjoy it.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:58:36 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #951 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:28 pm »
Less power, more reliability - so what if some sh*tbox passes you? It isn't racing. Nobody is handing out medals. Honestly, don't get sucked into that game, that's for people with sponsors and bottomless pockets.

I'd ditch all notions of stage 47++, and stick in a K04'd lump with linear tune and be happy in the knowledge it'll do 100,000 miles with no drama.

That was my plan  :ashamed:  I failed as well. Ill be asking for a lower powered map as well though

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:22:15 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #952 on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:29 am »

That isn't meant to sound harsh, or anti-whoever is doing the tuning - I just think the whole point of owning a car like this is being forgotten. Just enjoy it.  :happy2:

....I couldn't agree more - Much as I admire their cars I find it sad to read about the sorts of problems Steve and Hurdy have had due to pushing the envelope to the max. But each to their own of course.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #953 on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:27 am »
There is nothing wrong with pushing the power if you take the correct precuations such as uprating the weakest points. Its torque that bends rods, so its not had to create a map which will limit the toque.

anyway.. more power  :happy2:

Will get mine back this week Steve, should have a load more power, but they are just trying to get to the bottom of a cold start problem first.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #954 on: April 16, 2012, 10:19:23 am »
What power was it running ? Mine runs 340 all day and is plenty for a fwd car on road or track . My map was not cheap , but it pays for its self . I get over 40 mpg on a run too
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #955 on: April 16, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »
Just seen your  engine  :surprised:

Bender  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: April 16, 2012, 08:31:31 pm »

That isn't meant to sound harsh, or anti-whoever is doing the tuning - I just think the whole point of owning a car like this is being forgotten. Just enjoy it.  :happy2:

Good point but for some the Journey is where you're going...

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #957 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »

That isn't meant to sound harsh, or anti-whoever is doing the tuning - I just think the whole point of owning a car like this is being forgotten. Just enjoy it.  :happy2:

I see your point Mike but like Dave says I enjoy trying different things and learning for myself what works and what doesn't  :happy2:

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
« Reply #958 on: April 16, 2012, 09:26:41 pm »

I see your point Mike but like Dave says I enjoy trying different things and learning for myself what works and what doesn't  :happy2:

Expensive experiment  :signLOL:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #959 on: April 16, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »
did you look at your mtr or was it not stripped when you went in Steve?

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box